White Streak problem. Have Sears or Panasonic fix it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt_Stevens, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

This set is really beginning to bother me. Lots of problems. One big one is the "White Streak" problem, where bright objects cast a strange shadow that moves across the screen. Only bright objects, like menus, subtitles, film titles. Example...
    [​IMG]
    One title that is a bitch is PRINCESS MONONOKE. The subtitles do it the entire run of the film. Terribly distracting and not acceptable. There is a fix, according to the website located... HERE.
    So who do I call? Sears or Panasonic. The set is two days old. At the same time, I would need to deal with 3 other issues that are making this set's picture unacceptable. RED PUSH, which is way out of sight, GRAY SCALE, which is hotter than hell and throwing everything off, and SVM, which is destroying VHS and SVHS reception with ghosting and making some DVDs look like they are victims of edge enhancement, when they are not.
    I would appreciate any advice you can give me. I would want someone who could come out here and fix the white streak problem, correct red push and at least reign in the grayscale. If they won't do SVM, after 90 days, I'll yank the damn cords out and shut it off myself.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

2. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

Update: Panasonic told me to call Sears and I just did. They are sending a tech out on Friday to #1. fix the problem with my White Streaking and #2. Adjust Red Push and gray scale.
    I hope like hell the tech they send knows what he is doing.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman