What's new

White Album + Black Album = Grey Album (1 Viewer)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Carl, let me know, and I'll PM you a link

BTW, I'll pay for your 1st hour of therapy if it emotionally damages you. After than, you're on your own, bud;)

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
I have a different perspective in all of this, in that I knew of the more popular songs on the White Album, but had never heard the album as a whole. After hearing The Grey Album I became fascinated with how it was put together and ended up buying The White Album to listen to the source for the samples. If EMI wasn't so protective of their work they might actually realise that this work could actually make for a few sales of The White Album, but at the same time I can understand them wanting to keep their most popular work on lock down as well.
The fact remains that this is an experimental niche title that was never going to be released en masse, so the reality is that the impact to EMI would be minimal.

Standout tracks on The Grey Album for me were:
Public Service Announcement
What more can I say
December 4th
Change Clothes
Allure

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Dean:
Good choices for your songs. These are the songs that I preferred over the originals from the Black Album. BTW, Public Service Announcement might be the best beat I have heard in the last four years

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Dome, already done. House of Pain sampled bagpipes on many of their songs, really pushing their whole "IRISH RAPPERS" angle. They had some decent songs, though.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

That would be cool, thanks!

I've got a good telephone shrink by the way....only $9.95 for the first minute, and $3 for each additional minute. ;)

Iver

Second Unit

Jump Around has a great video. Anybody who has seen the mayhem that is New York's Saint Patrick's Day parade in person will recognize that it's a highly accurate short-form documentary.

BTW, the Grey Album is also the name for the third, eponymously titled Velvet Underground album, but informally.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
The Grey Album, IMO, is phenomenal. I have "The Brown Album" remixed by Kev Brown also. It's good but not quite as innovative as the Grey Album. There is also The Double Black Album with all of Jay-Z's black album titles remixed over Metallica's Black Album music. This one is also very rare and should be pulled shortly... at least that's what I read on another Internet site. *shrug* I was lucky enough to get original's of both the grey and brown album before they got yanked.

Scott.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks