What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ Upcoming projects - in 4k UHD & Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Had I posted to Nitrateville, someone would have had the answer before I hit the send button. And I had told Mr. Mockoski that someone here would get it in three questions.

If you look at the image of Ron, he’s laughing.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Clark Gable - The Johnstown Flood
DING! DING! DING!

Nice work.

When you see news of the impending release, please send your shipping info to Ron, and your copy will come via HTF. By then, we will have also ascertained whether we might go 4k. It all depends upon how much is to be gained from the data, which is 4k, and has been meticulously scanned by The George Eastman Museum, based upon their preserved elements.

Congratulations. Interesting that taking a mustache away renders someone far less recognizable.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I thought it looked like a young Gable, and a quick check at IMBD listed him in the film as "man at end of bar in saloon" which seemed like a sign from above that I was on the right track.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I thought it looked like a young Gable, and a quick check at IMBD listed him in the film as "man at end of bar in saloon" which seemed like a sign from above that I was on the right track.
And you were!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Image 11-22-22 at 8.32 AM.jpg

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
How cool. Many years ago, a friend and I visited the site of the dam, and then drove down, following the river, to the city and visited the Johnstown Flood Museum. The museum showed a documentary about the flood which included a snippet of this film. I remember at the time looking to find a video of the film, to no avail.

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
I saw The Johnstown Flood back in 2011 at Capitolfest in Rome, NY. Quite a good film with a fantastic climax. And at that screening a great live organ score by Phil Carli who is really wonderful generally but especially at accompanying big action films. As I recall, the print looked quite nice -- at least I don't remember any problems. The program notes I still have seem to indicate it came from The George Eastman House.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks