What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ Lawrence of Arabia -- in 4k/UHD Blu-ray (6 Viewers)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Wonderful. Always admired her. How great to read of someone handling life so incredibly well.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
If you haven't yet treated yourself to a copy as a Christmas gift.....it's the best looking 4K restoration I've seen this year. I only wish that StudioCanal would give the information about which company they use for 4K mastering, on their booklet they included with this set. They took care to describe a few facts about the restoration process, but don't give any information about which company and people actually do it. Arrow Films provide this information on their booklets.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
A lot of you might find this of interest.
Watch “The Young in Heart Tests - Maude Adams and Laurette Taylor” on Vimeo:

Maude Adams was the original stage Peter Pan and she never made a film.
Laurette Taylor acted in 3 silents (I've seen two) and made no talkies. She was the original Amanda Wingfield in Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie.
If you let this run on and view more stuff, you will be rewarded with screen tests of Margaret Tallichet (Wyler) playing Scarlett O'Hara. All these come from George Eastman House.

Another link to a program from 1960, full of nostalgia for stars of the silent era and of the times:
Hedda Hopper's Hollywood

Of interest to HTF members is a segment with Bob Cummings in which he gives credit to his career to Lubitsch and Henry Koster. It was thanks to the former that the latter cast him opposite Deanna Durbin in it Started with Eve.

Edit: I see you can't play the screen tests here, but they will play when you click on the box and it will take you to Vimeo.

Last edited:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Since there are a number of projectionists among HTF members, might anyone know the venue pictured in this image? The film is an IMAX 3D print of Titanic. Probably weighing over 150 pounds!

1609766654496.jpeg

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Since there are a number of projectionists among HTF members, might anyone know the venue pictured in this image? The film is an IMAX 3D print of Titanic. Probably weighing over 150 pounds!

View attachment 85349
Such a great photo. I wonder if the good folks at Boston Light and Sound could also help in narrowing down this search?

FILE UNDER: Cutler’s Way;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks