What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Brian Kidd said:
Sadly, the "reviews" of the set are filled with people who are angry about the price going back up. I really wish that Amazon was more vigilant with removing reviews that aren't based upon the actual product. They also have a bad habit of including all reviews of a film, no matter the format. There are some films that have reviews of the VHS, DVD, and Blu-ray all mixed in together.
That's no bad habit. It's been Amazon's conscious choice from day one -- a practice that has confounded more people, and which more people scream about, than probably any other.

And if you think it's bad in the Movies and TV sections, try Books sometime. With audio books and multiple editions, you can't tell WHAT you're reading a comment on, or even ordering sometimes.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Despite the bit mentioned in that Amazon review, we still have no definite news of extras content. I guess the television park bench sequence from Carousel will be there, with Jan Clayton and John Raitt -- that's indispensable! But that's just guesswork. And which of the extras from Sound of Music have been saved ... will the ones not fitting onto a single disc be put instead with Carousel, King or State Fair? No-one's saying. Meantime I still have my Sound of Music Blu ray on sale, but no takers yet so I'll drop the price next week.
Anyway, only three days to go......and still no change in release date!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I pya Amazon with a Debit card - they took payment this morning for *90 dollars - that's 72 pus fastest shipment !!!!!!
They'll probabaly ship tomorrow to arrive on Tuesday.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My Amazon pre-order still shows "Not Yet Shipped." But that doesn't concern me because I frequently get my pre-orders in one day after shipment. I won't be concerned until Monday passes without a shipped notice. :)

I'm VERY pleased that it appears the April 29 street date will hold! But, unfortunately, the uncertainty (because of the press release stating a May 6 date) caused me to cancel our plan to show 'Oklahoma!' at next weekend's Booth Bijou Garage Theater event. Instead, we're showing 'Philomena' and 'American Hustle'. 'Oklahoma!' will have to wait until the following Booth Bijou event.

Mark

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Joe, just to save you some money in the future: You don't need to choose the most expensive shipping speed when you pre-order movies. As long as you select at least 2-day shipping, you'll still get it on release day. Every dollar helps! :)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
It would be neat, if as an extra, Fox would include the german film Die Trappe Familie, that was the inspiration for the Broadway show.
Fox released it in this country.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I ordered, but am going to wait until I start hearing good reviews and know what the extras are until I actually open it. If this is less than stellar it's going back and I'm keeping my DVD set. I have the Sound of Music on Blu-Ray so I'll live.

CMNash

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos M Nash
Woo hoo! Amazon has updated the status of my order; it currently says 'shipping now'. I can't wait to get this. Tuesday night will be dedicated to Oklahoma! and The King and I.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just checked my Amazon order status. I freaked out at first because it wasn't in "Open Orders", but I found it in the full order list - with a tracking number attached. Also the "Cancel Items" button has been replaced with "Return or Replace Items". They are shipping!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I just got this in an email. Your Amazon.com order of "The Rodgers & Hammerstein..." has shipped!I tried to up load a picture of the email but it giving me a failed to up load notice.Also in the same package is THE WIND AND THE LION and Frances the Talking Mule Collection.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Mine hasn't shipped yet. :( I'm thinking it's because I'm within three hours of one of their fulfillment centers.

Can't wait! So excited! My poor kids will simply shake their heads and leave the room to go watch YouTube videos of other people playing Minecraft.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Although I ordered on day of announcement, mine still says 'pre-ordered' with no sign of progress.
Do international orders get deferred for some reason? I did pay $25 for express shipment to Australia!

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I requested free shipping so I assume mine will be shipped later. I hope there will be plenty of reviews and feedback for this set.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
AnthonyClarke said:
Although I ordered on day of announcement, mine still says 'pre-ordered' with no sign of progress.
Do international orders get deferred for some reason? I did pay $25 for express shipment to Australia!
Same here Anthony.

I'm hoping ours will arrive here in OZ later in the week or early the following week.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Haven't received the email, but they charged me so it's coming!!

I've never been so happy to be wrong! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks