What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ Lawrence of Arabia -- in 4k/UHD Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
trajan said:
Did anyone else have to keep changing the volume on this film. At times I had to turn the volume way up when they were speaking, and down again when the music came on.
No, i play at near reference, if you play movies low you can run into these issues due to dynamic range which is a good thing, if you have an AV Receiver it will have a mode on it which can help with your issues but ruin the dynamic range.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
That always sounded like such an interesting project when reading about Welles. I wonder if they plan to complete the editing though, it sounds like Welles never really finished it.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Moe Dickstein said:
I don't think Johnson had taken on that meaning yet lol
Check your Funk and Wagnalls.

Mining the same vein, I went to Home Depot the other day and asked where the wood hardener was. The sales associate told me to try Walgreens, and that I'd need a doctor's prescription.

View attachment 3601
JoeDoakes said:
Great news, but it's too bad that it's not that other lost Orson Welles film.
That would indeed have been Magnificent!

I've read many books and watched many interviews about the Great Mr. Welles, and this is the first I've ever heard about this lost film. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully, Criterion will be able to do something with it.

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
JCK and I with an interesting artifact, which hung in our office.

Don't believe it has been seen publicly. For fans of the film only.

RAH-JCK-first-Calotta-96251.jpg

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Re: Carlotta,

Is this an alternate version painted by the same artist? The hair and facial expression appear to be different from what was seen in the film.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
HN.jpg

The cast members of “High Noon” watch the World Series opener between the New York Yankees and the New York Giants on television at the Columbia Ranch on Oct. 4, 1951. From left to right: Otto Kruger, Thomas Mitchell, Gary Cooper, writer Carl Foreman, Grace Kelly and Lon Chaney, Jr.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Robert Harris said:
attachicon.gif
HN.jpg

The cast members of “High Noon” watch the World Series opener between the New York Yankees and the New York Giants on television at the Columbia Ranch on Oct. 4, 1951. From left to right: Otto Kruger, Thomas Mitchell, Gary Cooper, writer Carl Foreman, Grace Kelly and Lon Chaney, Jr.
That's when Baseball meant something! What a great picture. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks