What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (5 Viewers)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Hopefully January and February aren't indicative of 2018 from WAC....only one pre-1980 catalog title in January (The Hanging Tree) and only 2 in February (Harper and The Drowning Pool). The past couple of January's and February's were stacked with Hitchcock, Bogart and usually had 4 solid catalog releases per month. Hopefully, we'll see an uptick in March and beyond, as there's still so much unreleased HD goodness in the WB vaults.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Just off the top of my head (already released from WB under the Archive banner on DVD)

Valley of the Kings
Tip on a Dead Jockey
The Last Hunt
House of the Seven Hawks (yeah I like Robert Taylor)
Jump Into Hell (great if not accurate film of Dien Bien Phu)
A Distant Trumpet (country legend Bobby Bare's only film role)
The Little Drummer Girl
Wheeler Dealers
Corvette Summer

I'd be all in for any of these to get an upgrade.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The wait is long and I'm really curious to see what will be the next titles! Are they usually announced mid of month?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
WAC said they will be announcing titles *SOON* followed by more titles after that.. on their FB page :)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Just off the top of my head (already released from WB under the Archive banner on DVD)

Valley of the Kings
Tip on a Dead Jockey
The Last Hunt
House of the Seven Hawks (yeah I like Robert Taylor)
Jump Into Hell (great if not accurate film of Dien Bien Phu)
A Distant Trumpet (country legend Bobby Bare's only film role)
The Little Drummer Girl
Wheeler Dealers
Corvette Summer

I'd be all in for any of these to get an upgrade.

If you're talking about Wheeler Dealers with James Garner, WAC released it on Blu Ray last year....

full

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
WAC said they will be announcing titles *SOON* followed by more titles after that.. on their FB page :)

Frankly, I am damned tired of being treated like a second-rate citizen because I do no have, nor do I ever plan to sign up for, Facebook. I do not own a cell phone or a smart phone, and therefore don't tweet or twitter. But why are so many companies forcing this technology on us? They are just another tool for private information to be leaded to the world. I've no doubt HTF will be posting their announcements on a "regular" internet page for me to read, but it's alarming how many exclusives on the net are accessible only to those who engage in this dubious activity.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ha, I also don't do facebook or twitter or any of that stuff, but I do have a cell phone (or mobile as we call them here), very handy from time to time.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Frankly, I am damned tired of being treated like a second-rate citizen because I do no have, nor do I ever plan to sign up for, Facebook. I do not own a cell phone or a smart phone, and therefore don't tweet or twitter. But why are so many companies forcing this technology on us? They are just another tool for private information to be leaded to the world. I've no doubt HTF will be posting their announcements on a "regular" internet page for me to read, but it's alarming how many exclusives on the net are accessible only to those who engage in this dubious activity.

They use it because it's so simple - they can reach a few million people instantly, and then those people share the info on other media platforms such as message boards.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just one crumb for the classic historical film fans in the future, WB? Probably not, but before the elements of Helen of Troy, Scaramouche, Ivanhoe, Land of the Pharaohs, The Silver Chalice and Julius Caesar rot away you might at least consider one of these (or anything of your choice in this genre) before all who could appreciate them are dead and in our graves. Universal just announced DeMille's Cleopatra, for God's sake.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have the Warner DVD of Scaramouche (the French DVD, it was never released in the UK), & it looks really good, I assume it's from an HD master, if so, Warner could use that as the master for a Blu-ray. Oh well, I'm sure we'll hear something next week.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Why don't they release any more Gangster films from the 30's and 40's ???? : ( Cagney, Bogart, Raft, and Robinson. How long do classic film fans like me have to wait already ??? : (

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Just one crumb for the classic historical film fans in the future, WB? Probably not, but before the elements of Helen of Troy, Scaramouche, Ivanhoe, Land of the Pharaohs, The Silver Chalice and Julius Caesar rot away you might at least consider one of these (or anything of your choice in this genre) before all who could appreciate them are dead and in our graves. Universal just announced DeMille's Cleopatra, for God's sake.

Bluray should have been invented in the 70s-80s, so we would get more classic films! ;)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Welcome to the 21st Century where internet and social networking are very prominent - there are thousands of followers on the WAC page as well as the FB pages for Shout/ Scream Factory, Kino Lorber, Criterion, Twilight Time Olive Films etc. When they post on Twitter or FB, thw news spreads all over the web like wildfire. Im not a Twitter person , but I do go there.Social Networking is part of our culture at this point. I use it for the sake of news on Blu Rays and UHD. I just read Grease is getting a UHD release in April :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Welcome to the 21st Century where internet and social networking are very prominent - there are thousands of followers on the WAC page as well as the FB pages for Shout/ Scream Factory, Kino Lorber, Criterion, Twilight Time Olive Films etc. When they post on Twitter or FB, thw news spreads all over the web like wildfire. Im not a Twitter person , but I do go there.Social Networking is part of our culture at this point. I use it for the sake of news on Blu Rays and UHD. I just read Grease is getting a UHD release in April :)

I do not resent that Facebook is out there. I resent that I just about have to have it now in order to stay "connected." It's discriminatory. Period. And I still have a landline phone, which works perfectly well, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blitz
    Recent bookmarks