What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (4 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some changes to the December release dates:

December 15th:
  • The Curse of Frankenstein
  • The Harvey Girls
  • Holiday Affair
  • Mister Roberts
  • Tex Avery Screwball Classics Volume 2
  • Young Man With a Horn

December 22nd:
  • The Best Years of Our Lives (Reissue)
  • It Happened on 5th Avenue
  • The Shop Around the Corner
FYI, Warner's site is indicating different ship dates for the following titles:

• The Curse of Frankenstein: 12-01-20
  • Holiday Affair: 12-01-20
  • Tex Avery Screwball Classics Volume 2: 12-01-20
  • Mister Roberts: 12-08-20
  • The Best Years of Our Lives: 12-15-20
Confusing, isn't it?;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Has anyone seen the Hitchcock 4-pack yet? I cancelled my order with Amazon when they said it could take until late January and ordered from Warner Archive. I keep forgetting that I should just do that all the time.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I should know the answer to this...but I don't.

Do the WA 4/$44 sales come at specific time of the year?

It seems as if all-the-sudden there is an absolute abundance of WA titles I'd like to have.
For the most part, they seem to have 4/$44 sales about three times a year (give or take). The next one *should* be Thanksgiving weekend (although it will likely only include titles released through about August or September). After that, there should be another sale in late March (WAC's anniversary) that is likely to include everything released through December. After that, there should be one in the summer (but it's harder to pinpoint that one, as the dates have changed from year to year). Hope this helps somewhat!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A perfect answer. Thanks, Neil,

I probably won't be able to wait, then, until March. I, for sure, don't mind supporting the efforts of WA (full price) when they step up to the plate with such quality high-profile releases. :D

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
HBOMax has released a preview of their holiday lineup, and one of the titles included is The Man Who Came to Dinner.

I don't believe there's an HD master of this film, so I hope this news bodes well for new master and future Blu-ray release. Perhaps it wasn't ready in time for a Blu-ray release this year? I believe there have been some delays due to COVID. I'm just not sure I can wait an entire year for a release of one of my favourite films! ;)

Jay_Z_525

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I would love to have a Blu of The Man Who Came T Dinner. I hope it’s a January release.
I do love this movie.
And, as a suggestion for extras- the bloopers Warner included in the Breakdown shorts, John Barrymore’s screen test, and any one of a number of the early TV adaptations. Not asking too much, right?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
HBOMax has released a preview of their holiday lineup, and one of the titles included is The Man Who Came to Dinner.

I don't believe there's an HD master of this film, so I hope this news bodes well for new master and future Blu-ray release. Perhaps it wasn't ready in time for a Blu-ray release this year? I believe there have been some delays due to COVID. I'm just not sure I can wait an entire year for a release of one of my favourite films! ;)

I would SO love to have this film in high definition. It never ceases to make me laugh any time I watch it.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
In addition to The Man Who Came to Dinner, the following titles will be added to HBOMAX new month:

Three Godfathers (1936)
3 Godfathers (1948)
My Dream Is Yours (1949)
Tea For Two (1950)
On Moonlight Bay (1951)
Room For One More (1952)
Bundle Of Joy (1956)
Period Of Adjustment (1962)

As usual, whichever of these titles will be remastered for Archive release remains to be seen.

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
As only 3 Godfathers (1948) and Tea for Two already have HD transfers, probably all of the others will be remastered.

I do believe new HD transfers were created for them to stream on HBO Max (as far as I know there is no WB film streaming on HBO Max in SD).

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I do love this movie.
And, as a suggestion for extras- the bloopers Warner included in the Breakdown shorts, John Barrymore’s screen test, and any one of a number of the early TV adaptations. Not asking too much, right?

Warner, through the RKO library. It would be nice get a blu of this underrated film.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Jeez, they're releasing eight titles in December alone.
I'm with you. They've announced ALL that they will release THIS YEAR. I do expect, though, that they will ANNOUNCE their releases for January sometime in December (but, whether it will be the third Tuesday of the month like it has been or some other date entirely, none of us knows).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks