B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Still hoping for Moviola ( television series) based on a recent podcast comment.
Great announcement of The Mortal Storm.
The Scarlett O'Hara War portion was on the 70th Anniversary Blu-Ray of Gone With The Wind ...
I could see the First part added to a a Greta Garbo or John Gilbert movie blu-ray and the 2nd part to a The Prince and the Showgirl blu-ray ...

With it being produced in 1980, it may well have been shot on film edited on tape.

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ha, I can't say I've ever heard of those two films (if only they had some well know movies to release:)). The cynic in me is wondering if Warner will stop these Blu-ray releases sometime in the near future because of low sales.

...& I've bought every Errol Flynn film that Warner have released, & would like to buy some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Lachmann

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
I hope there are many like you for Warner Archives sake.:)
I am another one eagerly awaiting to purchase a BD for Tennessee Johnson. Despite historical facts, I loved Van Heflin performance and the production values are excellent. Not to mention that the transfer streaming on HBO Max is pristine. I am not judging history here, but only the movie itself.

JamesSmith

Screenwriter
While we're getting Josie and the Pussycats in Blue Ray, and I do believe we will get Superman: The Animated series in Blue later on. It would be nice if we would get some unreleased Hanna Barbara even more.

--jthree

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't "Life With Father" be released closer to Father's Day? That is in June. Seems more like a late May release . Wasn't "Life With Father" in public domain in VHS days? Was it somehow rescued like "Its A Wonderful Life" or is Warner Bros taking a chance restoring a public domain title that anyone can then copy and release.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Wouldn't "Life With Father" be released closer to Father's Day? That is in June. Seems more like a late May release . Wasn't "Life With Father" in public domain in VHS days? Was it somehow rescued like "Its A Wonderful Life" or is Warner Bros taking a chance restoring a public domain title that anyone can then copy and release.
It is restored and looks beautiful on HBO Max so perhaps they did rescue it.

Richard M S

Supporting Actor
Oh good The Mortal Storm and Tennessee Johnson! I was just looking at my collection of films on VHS to see what I can get on DVD-R during the next Warner Archive sale and The Mortal Storm was one of them. Tennessee Johnson is new to me, so that's a must buy.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
When WAC releases a vintage title that is unknown to me, I view it as an opportunity to expand my education in film. “Tennessee Johnson” falls squarely into that category. After delving into a bit of research, I immediately became committed towards making a blind buy purchase.

In terms of its cast, I was immediately sold once I discovered the name of Edward J. Bromberg. Just his name, alone, became a no-brainer for my interests in regards to the origins of “Method” acting in America. Mr. Bromberg was an original member of The Group Theater. This legendary and still influential ensemble of the 1930’s, produced the likes of Karl Malden, John Gilbert, Franchot Tone, Francis Farmer, Clifford Odets, Elia Kazan, Cheryl Crawford, Lee Strasberg, Robert Lewis, Sanford Meisner, Luther Adler and, affectionally, Stella Adler.

Last edited:

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Im in for The Mortal Storm ! It might not be a Noir or Gangster film, but this was on my bucketlist and glad WAC has given it a Blu-ray release. One more WAC off the shelf.
There also seems to be a rumor or maybe it is true that The Bermuda Depths is also coming down the pike ..

Reactions: PMF

Arthur Powell

Second Unit
Real Name
Arthur
This might be a totally dumb question, but has anyone else had issues or not been able to stream the WAC podcasts lately? I went to a few of my go-to websites for streaming podcasts, but I can't get the WAC podcast to stream on any of them. Other podcasts load as normal on these sites. It's just the WAC ones that won't. I was hoping to catch up on a few of them. Weird to say the least.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I also demand Captain Blood ... and all Judy Garland's movies esp Harvey Girls, In the Good Old Summertime and (top priority) For Me and My Gal.
George and company have said on the podcast that The Harvey Girls, In the Good Old Summertime, and The Pirate are all in the works, to be released this year or next. I can't wait.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's mainly the 1950s and early 1960s CinemaScope films which I'd like to see on Blu-ray such as:

Knights of the Round Table
The Command
Drum Beat
Green Fire
Diane
Helen of Troy
The King's Thief
Land of the Pharaohs
The Prodigal
Bhowani Junction
Tribute to a bad Man
The Spirit of St Louis
I Accuse
Green Mansions
Torpedo Run
The Wreck of the Mary Deare
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
The V.I.P.s
The Yellow Rolls Royce
Lady L

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I wouldn't think Father's Day makes any difference. It doesn't to me (and I'm a dad). I ignore it because I consider it just a Hallmark holiday like Boss' Day, Secretary's Day, Grandparents' Day, etc., etc., and so forth.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco