What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (4 Viewers)

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I most definitely agree about Errol Flynn. Bring on Captain Blood, The Sea Hawk, Charge of the Light Brigade, Gentleman Jim, etc. I have been hoping that WAC will give Flynn the treatment it has shown to Humphrey Bogart. For that matter, I've been dismayed about the lack of pre-1940 classics. In all the years we've been getting WAC blu-rays, I think we've only seen one released (42nd Street). It's definitely time to see a lot more!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Damn, these supposed announcements for 2018 are slow in coming! I assume The Archives have good reasons for this. I should have more patience, and maybe within hours of this post new Blu-ray titles wlll be announced, but it really has been a long, long wait...I am thinking DARK OF THE SUN may be one of the next...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It seems long for the announcements because they announced both January and February in December. But we should be getting March announcements any day now.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Personally, I think we will still have a fairly full month of announcements (not two months worth). I think what MIGHT be happening is them accounting for fan demands and what they can handle. Last year, their main emphasis was Blu-ray releases. I think they frustrated some of their fans by only re-releasing OOP WHV releases on dvd for most of the year. From my perspective, their blu releases seemed to be coming smoothly until later in the year, when they tried to release more new-to-dvd movies. At that point, it seemed like they had some trouble, with some releases getting delayed a month. I think they realized they can't do new-to-dvd AND new-to-blu at the pace they were trying to do, and pulled back a little on blu releases in order to still give their dvd-only fans what they wanted (since they are the group that WAC was promising to take care of when the program began, and they have admitted that not everything has the elements to do blu only). Again, this is only a theory on what might be happening.
I also think, if we were all really thinking and paying attention, we could have seen the lack of announcements for February releases coming. First, they announced seven titles (again, they had trouble releasing six titles in a month the last few months of 2017). Secondly, they announced a tv-on-blu title (Animal Kingdom season 2), which had already been announced (on dvd) as a February release (and WAC has yet to release their blus prior to their WHV counterpart). Finally, the fact that they didn't start releasing ANYTHING until halfway through January should have been a tip-off (going back to my first point about speed of releases). I will agree to at least a partial surprise, however, that they didn't at least add one more movie for February, but again, I think it might have something to do with them trying to give people more movies on dvd as well.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Warners has always been slow and quiet the first couple of months of the year due to holidays getting past and other holidays during January and February. I expect a good number of titles coming in the next few weeks. I’m not worried.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
With this delay I'm waiting for something huge to be announced, but I'm sure this won't be the case.

giphy.gif

i know, this place is packed with ideas, when it does happen, wonder what's on the other side of that door

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks