jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(I mentioned this in another thread in the tv on dvd/bluray section).

With Venture Bros being officially canceled a few days ago, one can hope seasons 1 and 2 are finally released on bluray by Warner Archive (or Warner proper). Seasons 3 to7 were all released on bluray by Warner.

Hopefully if a bluray version is ever done for seasons 1 and 2, the uncensored versions in HD will be used. (Seasons 1 and 2 were originally done as fullscreen 4:3 broadcasts, and the dvd versions had expletives, nudity, etc ... censored out).

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Do we actually know that the HBO Max titles are being released in October? Or just that they are likely to be released at some time in the future?

And even though Amazon put up these listings, does that mean they are accurate? Didn't they also (incorrectly) put up a listing for The Opposite Sex?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Do we actually know that the HBO Max titles are being released in October? Or just that they are likely to be released at some time in the future?

And even though Amazon put up these listings, does that mean they are accurate? Didn't they also (incorrectly) put up a listing for The Opposite Sex?
I found this quote from one of the dudes portrayed in the original Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure ...
1599680446836.png

• Agreed
Reactions: Stephen_J_H

Dan Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Oh my God. Sergeant York pops up with no mention of it for 3 years. Before day 1 purchase for me if possible. Also i will probably order 2 copies of it since i waited so long for it. Such a good movie for a veteran and believer like myself.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert

We'll find out next Tuesday.;) I would imagine that Reversal of Fortune and Sergeant York are coming out in October. Probably the other two titles along with maybe "Sunrise at Campobello" and "Life with Father". However, who really knows except I think all four titles I mentioned will be out before the end of the year.:) Just my opinion.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Full month

In addition to the leaked titles
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Reversal Of Fortune
Sergeant York
Space Ghost & Dino Boy

We also get
Sunrise At Campobello
Waterloo Bridge
The Opposite Sex
Black Lightning Season 2
Black Lightning Season 3

And they might not be done yet

Reactions: Marcel H.

Astairefan

Second Unit
Real Name
Neil Powell
Full month

In addition to the leaked titles
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Reversal Of Fortune
Sergeant York
Space Ghost & Dino Boy

We also get
Sunrise At Campobello
Waterloo Bridge
The Opposite Sex
Black Lightning Season 2
Black Lightning Season 3

And they might not be done yet
That certainly is a good-sized group of titles announced so far! The only question is, whether these are all October titles, or whether they are announcing two months worth of releases again. Of course, we won't know for sure until we see the actual release dates.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
That certainly is a good-sized group of titles announced so far! The only question is, whether these are all October titles, or whether they are announcing two months worth of releases again. Of course, we won't know for sure until we see the actual release dates.
I suspect this include November titles.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Their Tumblr indicates that these titles are all October 2020 releases.

Dan Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Anyone here know the film language warner is stating in the descriptions of Waterloo Bridge and Segeant York as it relates to best surviving nitrate elements and best surviving preservation elements?

NEW 2020 1080p master from 4K scan of best surviving nitrate elements!

NEW 2020 1080p master from 4K scan from best surviving preservation elements!

Also noticed no mention of if Sergeant York had undergone a film restoration. I would think that there would be a big write up on it if it had happened.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I think Opposite Sex will at least be November. They said in the last podcast that it was a computer glitch that announced a preorder prematurely and it would be a few more cycles before it would be ready.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dan13