bubuwest

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stefano

How much longer will we have to wait for Warner to release this Hawksian classic? Are the elements in such a bad shape as to rule out a blu-ray release? If a blu-ray is not possible, I'd be content with a dvd-only release, as they did for other top-tier titles like Fuller's Run of the Arrow or Ray's The Lusty Men...

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert

How much longer will we have to wait for Warner to release this Hawksian classic? Are the elements in such a bad shape as to rule out a blu-ray release? If a blu-ray is not possible, I'd be content with a dvd-only release, as they did for other top-tier titles like Fuller's Run of the Arrow or Ray's The Lusty Men...
I'm more hopeful now knowing that "Rachel and the Stranger" which had similar issues as "The Big Sky" is coming out on Blu-ray with restored footage.

Thomas T

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
It appears WBShop may have shut down the sale due to Virus/Legal/Business issues. Obviously another casualty of the current world situation
Yes, it's a non essential business. I'm sure more warehouses shutting down will drastically cut down on mail order DVDs and blu rays. I did order some discs during the 4 for $44 sale before they shut down. They've already charged my credit card company. We'll see what happens.

Richard M S

Supporting Actor
My order was shut down right as I was about to finalize the purchase.

Based on their evident administrative and warehouse location, I wonder if the upcoming new releases will ship as scheduled, and if future monthly releases will even be announced until after the new restrictions are eased, or lifted.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
It could be a while before the next announcement.
Perhaps not, as some of those marketing people can work from home and I bet the transfer work for the discs are already done. I don't think the discs are manufactured in Cali, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. With that said, May's releases are definitely delayed.

JamesSmith

Screenwriter
Perhaps not, as some of those marketing people can work from home and I bet the transfer work for the discs are already done. I don't think the discs are manufactured in Cali, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. .
Again, with all the important things going on in the world, this is a small matter. But still I pray that the closing will be as short as possible. P.S. Does anybody think the same thing will happen to the Kino Lorbo releases?

--james

dana martin

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I was able to get two orders in on the last time before they decided to shut everything down Court through it I actually had to call customer help yesterday they sent me one of the items that I ordered had the wrong disc

Astairefan

Second Unit
Real Name
Neil Powell
Out of curiosity, does anybody expect we'll get much in the way of announcements for any May releases from WAC (I realize that any announcements wouldn't happen for another week or so if they do happen)? I admit, I'm expecting little (if any) new-to-blu releases, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few re-releases of OOP WHV releases (on both blu-ray and DVD), maybe a box set or two. Now, let me be clear: when I say "box set," I mainly mean something like what WAC did in November 2018 with their Bogie/Bacall set and Batman double-feature: re-releasing previous releases packaged together (after all, it's probably easier to do that and at least offer us SOMETHING).

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
What will be released for May 2020 ? Still NO Announcements ? Tex Avery Vol.2 ? Vol.1 was 3 months ago. The Curse of Frankenstein ? ... Pretty Please ?

Last edited:

Astairefan

Second Unit
Real Name
Neil Powell
What will be released for May 2020 ? Still NO Announcements ? Tex Avery Vol.2 ? Vol.1 was 3 months ago. The Curse of Frankenstein ? ... Pretty Please ?
Volume 1 may have been three months ago, but they've been shut down for most of a month because of the pandemic (so who knows if they can do any restoration work currently). At this point, we don't know IF they will be releasing anything new for a while. I expect we'll still be getting re-releases of OOP WHV releases on both Blu-ray and DVD, and maybe, MAYBE some box sets of previously released stuff, but as far as any new-to-blu or new-to-DVD releases (well, apart from DVDs of titles that WAC debuted on Blu-ray without DVDs earlier this year, like Underwater!, Penelope, etc.), none of us know. After all, we've seen them announce stuff for the next month before, only to delay them a month (or, in the case of Dark Of The Sun, half a year), so it's not simply a case of having things ready a few months ahead.
Besides, as to no announcements yet, on the other forum, it was mentioned that somebody from WAC said that they make their announcements on the third Tuesday of the month (except when they don't), so, if they do announce anything, it may be in a few days (since it's not yet the third Tuesday of the month).

Last edited:

Ken Koc

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ken Koc
I wish for INSIDE DAISY CLOVER and SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS to coincide with the documentary about Natalie premiering in May on HBO.

Reactions: plektret

Astairefan

Second Unit
Real Name
Neil Powell
As far as what I would like to see IF they have anything to announce for May, I'd like to see one of their releases be one of the musicals they were trying to promise would be coming. Because of the pandemic, I don't expect as many as they might have been hoping to do, but, with nothing new for the genre (from them, anyways) since Footlight Parade last July, I'm really hoping to see something announced (well, as long as it's a musical from the late 20s through the fifties).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrosmed