What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (5 Viewers)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
My dream announcement for some month (soon) would be: PAJAMA GAME; DAMN YANKEES; THE CROWD; THE WIND.
I have a decent release on DVD of THE CROWD, but a restored Blu Ray from Warners is the dream.

Actually, all Nominees on Blu that Warners control is the dream, but I’ll take ‘em one at a time.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have a decent release on DVD of THE CROWD, but a restored Blu Ray from Warners is the dream.

Actually, all Nominees on Blu that Warners control is the dream, but I’ll take ‘em one at a time.

If I may ask, from where did you procure a DVD of THE CROWD? I had it on a laser disc double feature with THE WIND, but to my knowledge, neither has been released commercially on DVD.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Well, if we're on a Robert Taylor kick here, then I'll put in my votes for Broadway Melody of 1936 and 1938 (OK, I know I want them for Eleanor Powell more than him, but he does well enough with the song "I've Got A Feelin' You're Foolin'," so there is that). I'd also vote for his cameo appearance in I Love Melvin, but that one will be a longshot, since WAC is barely releasing any pre-1954 musicals on blu (and that's just from the stuff that WHV released on DVD, nevermind anything that WAC released which would probably not be as popular).

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Oooh Johnny Eager would be such a great choice however my favorite Waterloo Bridge would also be a fantastic choice. I believe it a restored print was shown at the TCM Film Festival.

I think a restored version of The Clock was also shown, and I would think this would be a great time to release any restored Judy Garland films, since the bluray of JUDY comes out on Christmas Eve.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
So, am I right in thinking that the next lot (which could be announced at the end of the week) is the last announcement this year?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I believe WAC announced a batch of films last December. Am I wrong?
No, you're not wrong as "The Sea Hawk" came out in December along with 4-5 other titles like "The Blue Knight" and "Popeye the Sailor: The 1940's Volume 1".

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
So, am I right in thinking that the next lot (which could be announced at the end of the week) is the last announcement this year?

Well, it all depends. Everybody is right, they did announce some December releases last year, but that hasn't been a consistent thing, so we have no idea for sure whether there will be an announcement for December releases. We can say, with some certainty though, that next month, they will announce their January lineup. So, we potentially have one more announcement for 2019 releases, and one for January 2020 releases.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
And ......Horror of Dracula. Hoping for similar releases for December 2019. The Curse of Frankenstein especially !

Hoping for a lot better work on The Curse of Frankenstein than we got with Horror of Dracula.

Watched a 1958 IB Technicolor 35mm print of Horror of Dracula early this week
(coupled with a duplicate reel or two of the 1964 IB Technicolor re-release for comparison) --

Warner and the BFI needs to re-do this classic.
Too important a film not to have a really definitive and high quality release.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Hoping for a lot better work on The Curse of Frankenstein than we got with Horror of Dracula.

Watched a 1958 IB Technicolor 35mm print of Horror of Dracula early this week
(coupled with a duplicate reel or two of the 1964 IB Technicolor re-release for comparison) --

Warner and the BFI needs to re-do this classic.
Too important a film not to have a really definitive and high quality release.
aPhil, I agree with you 100% ! But I doubt WB will do a re-do anytime soon. I'm looking forward to the New 4K Restoration release of The Revenge of Frankenstein coming next week ! : )

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
aPhil, I agree with you 100% ! But I doubt WB will do a re-do anytime soon. I'm looking forward to the New 4K Restoration release of The Revenge of Frankenstein coming next week ! : )

Same here.
This morning I received email from Limehouse that The Revenge of Frankenstein is being shipped. Love that film.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Seems as though their November announcement, if there is to be one, is a bit late this year.
Hoping for some December release news on Friday Nov.22 ? This is the Latest I have seen for New release news from WBArchive titles. ??? Somethings up !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks