What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (15 Viewers)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Couldn’t agree more. What WB has been neglecting in their Monroe library should be made illegal. We need to pool financial resources, and take them to court. Or possibly pass a new amendment. They control the majority of her work, and treat her badly.

Precisely, how badly, is best left to one’s imagination.

But it’s on par with the way Fox, and now Disney, has been treating the Garland films.

Two reprehensible studios!
Absolutely! Where is Fox's Pigskin Parade? Doesn't it have one of Garland's iconic film performances? Unforgettable, I'd say, and more career making than her turn as Dorothy. Fox, are you listening? Or rather, Disney?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Couldn’t agree more. What WB has been neglecting in their Monroe library should be made illegal. We need to pool financial resources, and take them to court. Or possibly pass a new amendment. They control the majority of her work, and treat her badly.

But it’s on par with the way Fox, and now Disney, has been treating the Garland films.

Well at least reprehensible Disney put out "Summer Stock" through their Disney Movie Club, so there's that. Hopefully "The Pirate" and "The Harvey Girls" will follow, but honestly, I hope not, because I hate the Disney movie club's yellowey/orangeish blu-ray covers. Ecch!

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I've seen it discussed on the other forum, but so far, I haven't seen it here, so I though I would mention that the UCLA Film & TV Archive Twitter has stated that they are working with the Film Foundation and Warner Brothers to restore the 1933 film Mystery Of The Wax Museum, and they seem to have stated WAC hopes to release it on Blu-ray in 2020. They also hope, if they can get the funds, to restore Doctor X as well.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I've seen it discussed on the other forum, but so far, I haven't seen it here, so I though I would mention that the UCLA Film & TV Archive Twitter has stated that they are working with the Film Foundation and Warner Brothers to restore the 1933 film Mystery Of The Wax Museum, and they seem to have stated WAC hopes to release it on Blu-ray in 2020. They also hope, if they can get the funds, to restore Doctor X as well.
SYNTHETIC FLESH!!!

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams

Very funny Mr. Harris! But I'm still praying for a Blu-ray of Prince and the Showgirl from WB.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Well, then, let's split the difference. How about 200K for just "National Velvet", alone?;)

I believe both, may have been filmed, at least partially, with monopack. Wonder if any of it survives, or whether we’re down to the three-strip extractions?

Reactions: PMF

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Is this months announcements the last releases of 2019? I don't think they release anything in December. It's been a really poor Archive year for me, only one title, but I blame my appalling taste in films rather than Warner. Thinking of saving Warner a few bob, hows about some sixties & seventies titles:

She (1965)
The Hill (1965)
There Was A Crooked Man (1970)
Start The Revolution Without Me (1970)
The Last of Sheila (1973)
O Lucky Man! (1973)

We shall see :)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Is this months announcements the last releases of 2019? I don't think they release anything in December. It's been a really poor Archive year for me, only one title, but I blame my appalling taste in films rather than Warner. Thinking of saving Warner a few bob, hows about some sixties & seventies titles:

She (1965)
The Hill (1965)
There Was A Crooked Man (1970)
Start The Revolution Without Me (1970)
The Last of Sheila (1973)
O Lucky Man! (1973)

We shall see :)

We did get The Sea Hawk and Horror of Dracula among other releases last December, so it’s possible that they might release something this December.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
We did get The Sea Hawk and Horror of Dracula among other releases last December, so it’s possible that they might release something this December.
And we also got .. Popeye Vol.1 December 2018 was Great ! I hope December 2019 has some Great ones also. The Curse of Frankenstein ?? She ??

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
From that original list, I'd go crazy over Julius Caesar, Land of the Pharaohs, Ivanhoe, Scaramouche or Freaks. I sure wish they'd consider a, "epics" blu-ray set with the first four or perhaps with The Silver Chalice and The Prodigal involved. It's surely a sadly under-represented genre considering what WB is sitting on and, as a set (or two), it would probably sell quite well.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
From that original list, I'd go crazy over Julius Caesar, Land of the Pharaohs, Ivanhoe, Scaramouche or Freaks. I sure wish they'd consider a, "epics" blu-ray set with the first four or perhaps with The Silver Chalice and The Prodigal involved. It's surely a sadly under-represented genre considering what WB is sitting on and, as a set (or two), it would probably sell quite well.

Oh yes, lots of swashbucklers & epics in Warner's movie stash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks