What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (6 Viewers)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Damn Yankees has just been re-released by Warner Archive on DVD. The aspect ratio is 1.78. Also, a HD digital stream of it was just added to iTunes for $9.99 in its OAR. IMO because it was just re-released this week on DVD, I seriously doubt a Blu-ray is coming in the foreseeable future.
I hope PAJAMA GAME shows up on iTunes as well!!!!!

Stefano B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stefano
What do you folks think are the chances of seeing, among the next Archive releases, Arthur Penn's The Left-Handed Gun (1958)? I'd love to see a hi-def upgrade of this terrific though little-talked-about western. The DVD was all right but I think there might be room for improvement...

Speaking of westerns, I'm also wondering if the folks at WB are giving any thoughts to blu-ray upgrades of the following MGM titles:
Escape from Fort Bravo (1953)
Many Rivers to Cross (1955)
Tribute to a Bad Man (1956)
The Fastest Gun Alive (1956) --did this even get an official Warner dvd release??--
Saddle the Wind (1958)

PS. I didn't mention what is actually my most-cherished title, Mann's The Naked Spur (1953), but I hope (also heeding some rumors here and elsewhere) this might get the Criterion treatment sooner or later...

Reactions: PMF

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
What do you folks think are the chances of seeing, among the next Archive releases, Arthur Penn's The Left-Handed Gun (1958)? I'd love to see a hi-def upgrade of this terrific though little-talked-about western. The DVD was all right but I think there might be room for improvement...

Speaking of westerns, I'm also wondering if the folks at WB are giving any thoughts to blu-ray upgrades of the following MGM titles:
Escape from Fort Bravo (1953)
Many Rivers to Cross (1955)
Tribute to a Bad Man (1956)
The Fastest Gun Alive (1956) --did this even get an official Warner dvd release??--
Saddle the Wind (1958)

PS. I didn't mention what is actually my most-cherished title, Mann's The Naked Spur (1953), but I hope (also heeding some rumors here and elsewhere) this might get the Criterion treatment sooner or later...
Saddle The Wind is a possibility because the DVD indicates the elements are in reasonable condition.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Added a thread in the deals section, but since many people never go there, a heads up

WBShop 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/warner-archive-4-for-44

July 15 through July 19 at 11:59pm PT

Appears to include items through April 30 releases and still excludes TV sets, 3D items, and Multidisc sets (Superman, Supergirl, Seven Brides, etc). 171 BDs and 2500DVD included

Well, at least Prime Day is good for something as everybody is piling on once the BUY ME juices get going

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Wow and Double Wow! I grabbed up ten of the twelve on my Wait For Sale list. The only
ones I couldn't get were the Blu-Rays of FOOTLIGHT PARADE and THE THIN MAN, which
will undoubtedly appear in the next sale. Between this and the Barnes and Noble Criterion
Sale, I may have to cut out a few things such as food. Too bad. I need to lose a few pounds
anyway.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I can’t get into my account, and can’t get a link for a new password sent, either. Frustrating.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I wasn't expecting this sale, but I'm grateful for the heads-up. I used to get email notifications about WAC sales, but I didn't this time. So thank you, David Norman. for posting about it here. I just purchased these 5 films on blu:

Brewster McCloud
Cleopatra Jones
Dracula A.D. 1972
Frankenstein 1970
While the City Sleeps

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
It looks like they're making their announcements today. They just announced their Blu-ray set for The Jetsons series to start the day.

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I bought way too many titles, but since they have fewer sales, I guess it evens out. I was pleased to see that Summer Stock was on sale and some other fairly recent releases. I picked up 20 this time; a mixture of DVD and Blu-ray. I also noticed that there are several titles that are listed as $12.99 regular price. I now have some incentive to pick up some of the older titles even when they are not on sale.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Just The Jetsons for me. I hope The Curse of Frankenstein will be released in the coming months. October maybe for Halloween ??

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
With last month's and this month's, the WAC announcements have gotten exciting again, after months of meh.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Just The Jetsons for me. I hope The Curse of Frankenstein will be released in the coming months. October maybe for Halloween ??

I would love to see CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN looking decent for once. IT remains conspicuously missing from the Warner Bros Blu Hammer releases, hopefully because they have been searching for better elements.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
I would love to see the last remaining big war epic on blu ray Operation Crossbow I am sure the Warner Archive team read this thread All the other great epic war movies have had a release on blu

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
With last month's and this month's, the WAC announcements have gotten exciting again, after months of meh.
I agree much better recently. Though, If they ever get Journey Into Fear & Blood on the Moon out, I'd pay full price. And not wait 6 months for them to show up in 4 for 44 sale.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Really stoked about this batch! Moonfleet, Wagon Master, Jezebel are all day one purchases. Now I'm getting a bit excited that someday we might actually see BD versions of Helen of Troy, Scaramouche, Ivanhoe, The Silver Chalice, Raintree County and Land of the Pharaohs. Hope these deep classics sell like hotcakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks