What's new

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (5 Viewers)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
this isn't totally directed towards just WAC, but the shop WB site completely, how the once mighty have fallen, whoever is in charge of that , it's a horrible system, the tracking of products is miserable. Seven Brides was preordered the day it went up, and still no update on the order, Same with Tomb Raider 3D, with no updates. Don't get me wrong love the products, but the company that is handling their online orders ....well for lack of a better term , just plain sucks.

I know the other option is Amazon, really before someone else states that, let me just say, don't you think the manufacture, should be the one to release it first or at least the same damn time.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
I rarely buy anything directly from that site due their pricing and customer service.

In my experience, both Araca Merchandise L.P. (WB Shop) and DirectToU, LLC (shop.TCM.com) are both difficult to deal with. Maybe now that AT&T owns WarnerMedia, they can look into fixing these issues with their contractors.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They still release every Tuesday but their releases include DVD and Blu Ray. You can see the new releases on the WBshop page or on their Facebook page.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Why don't they release any more Classic Gangster movies on Bluray ??? I don't understand, they have so many Great ones. I'm surprised they released White Heat and The Public Enemy.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Why don't they release any more Classic Gangster movies on Bluray ??? I don't understand, they have so many Great ones. I'm surprised they released White Heat and The Public Enemy.

Maybe they take longer to restore or maybe the sales of previous similar key titles were not encouraging enough ..it is possible they might have licensed a couple of them out to Criterion..

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I didn't think White Heat belonged in that set, it comes from a different era. I'd love to see, The Roaring Twenties, Angels With Dirty Faces & Each Dawn I Die (all lovely Cagney), but I'm sure the film elements needed a LOT of work. Anyway, I'd think today or tomorrow for the next announcements.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
t
I know the other option is Amazon, really before someone else states that, let me just say, don't you think the manufacture, should be the one to release it first or at least the same damn time.

To be honest I think WBShop is completely separated from Warner. It's not a Manufacturer site other than the name they bought years ago.
I think there plenty of beter sites than WB or Amazon to get them from,

I bought about a dozen WAC last week at the BN 40% off Sale inclu preorders for Two Week, Colossus of Rhodes and Super Fly. Ordered Wed, received them Monday
I thought about TombRaider 3D and preorder for RPO 3D and Rampage for less than $20ea, but I think I'm going to either get the French 4K/3D Combo packs for those 3 items or possibly the Canadian versions. .

The only time I order from WBshop is the 4/44 sales (should be one coming up in the next 2-3 weeks). I'd order more, but they never have similar sales on the TV sets and other than the 2nd Dec sale never allow the newer items. I gave up on Amazon a few years ago -- well basically when they gave up on caring about movies at all.

TR 3D is also back in stock at Walmart for $21 with Free Shipping though likely only a few copies
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tomb-Raider-Blu-ray-3D-Blu-ray-Digital-Copy/533364671

Of course given WBShop track record you could cancel and then they'd probably ship it the next day

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Since January, when I first posted this thread, four of the titles Iisted out of some 90 on my personal wish list have been announced or released: BILLY BUDD, SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS, DARK OF THE SUN and VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED. That isn't bad over the course of six months. I hope for that output to continue.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Since January, when I first posted this thread, four of the titles Iisted out of some 90 on my personal wish list have been announced or released: BILLY BUDD, SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS, DARK OF THE SUN and VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED. That isn't bad over the course of six months. I hope for that output to continue.

Well done. Now please cast your good luck spell onto the Fred and Ginger movies, any outstanding Judy Garlands, Show Boat(s) and of course Errol Flynn's Captain Blood and The Sea Hawk,.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell

Don't you mean 5? I thought I saw THE BLACK SCORPION on your list as well.

Well done. Now please cast your good luck spell onto the Fred and Ginger movies, any outstanding Judy Garlands, Show Boat(s) and of course Errol Flynn's Captain Blood and The Sea Hawk,.

I doubt he'll have any luck with that. The titles he listed that came out had a better chance, considering WAC is releasing almost nothing made before 1954. I highly doubt too many of the pre-1954 titles he (or we) want are coming anytime soon and believe me, I HATE saying that, particularly in regards to the Astaire-Rogers films, which ARE my most-wanted movies from Warner at the moment (which also have the added problem of being from the VERY poorly represented decade of the 30s, at least through WAC). I am hoping that SEVEN BRIDES does well enough for them to consider digging into more pre-1954 stuff, but even if it does, I would think it would be a little while before we start to see much, if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation111
    Recent bookmarks