What's new

Which x-over. Sub or reciever? (1 Viewer)

aaron_dewitt

Agent
Which cross over would i use. Im buying the denon 3802 and svs 20-39pci. Which crossover do i use the one in the reciever or one on the sub? Please help me setup this reciever with this sub. Thanks a ton. Right now im waiting for both and want to be ready when they get here.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
The stock answer is to run all of the speakers 'small' and send the sub line out to the PCi, with the PCi crossover all the way up (open).

What speakers will you have?

- C

aaron_dewitt

Agent
They are going to be the reference series from klipsch. Not quite sure which ones yet though. Do not know if im going to spend the money to get the 7 series or just stick with the 3's

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'd be using the receiver crossover with all speakers set to small just like Colin suggested. Reguardless of whether you go with RF7 or RF3 towers.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
...with the PCi crossover all the way up (open).
You can select "CROSSOVER DISABLE" (nice feature) from the 320w BASH Amp panel and ignor the Crossover ADJ Knob.

Ditto - on the other suggestions, Speakers = Small & REC Sub Line-Out to SVS Line-IN for either speaker.

Phil

aaron_dewitt

Agent
Ok so i do not even set the cross over on the svs? just put everything to small on the reciever and it all should be good. Well after that then i use a spl to set it all in. My friend said to use both but i dont' know if he is correct of not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks