Which would you choose ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ken~W, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Ken~W

Ken~W Auditioning

I am in the market for an upgrade on the TV. I had only been looking at the Mitusubishi 55" and 65" HDTV (WS-65513, 55513) until recently visiting and ultimate electronics store and seeing the sony KV-40XBR800. I really like the picture on the sony, and the wife would be happier with the smaller TV. Which TV would you guys recommend and does anyone own either of the 3 for reviews? I like the widescreens, but the picture on the sony looked alot better?

thanks

ken

2. Ken~W

Ken~W Auditioning

anyone???? opinions please??

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Ken, you posted this when traffic levels at HTF are at their lowest. Have patience.

Which should you get? The one you and your wife are happiest with.

The reason the Sony looks better at first blush is because it has the advantage of a direct-view display's high light output and contrast ratio. But the Mitsu RPTVs possess better detail, which is inherent to the design (a direct-view set is limited by how much information can pass through its "aperture grill").

However, there's no denying the KV-40 is a superb set.

A major drawback, however: The thing weighs in at a near-prohibitive 312 pounds. Setting it up and positioning it in your room will be a two-man job (at the least). It's also huge and bulky.