What's new

Which would be a better center speaker choice? (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have been in my "local" B&W dealer a lot lately drooling over the CDM series speakers. I had originally wanted a pair of CDM 7NTs for the mains, a pair of 1NTs for the rears and a CDM CNT for the center. I have now decided that I will get 4 1NTs and either a CNT for the center channel or a 5th 1NT. Which would be better as a center speaker, the CNT or the 5th 1NT? My listening habits are about 65/35 in favour of HT.

Ned

Supporting Actor
The CDM really just is a 1NT but sitting in a horizontal cabinet. The driver array is pretty much identical and it's shielded. If you have a 100" screen and can array all 3 speakers along the bottom then sure, get 5 1NT's. Otherwise don't worry about it.

Are you getting a new sub to match the calibre of these speakers?

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Well, since it's going to be a little while before I get them I was going to wait on the SVS PC+ reviews.

Thanks for the tip on the speakers. It probably would have been a problem trying to get them to split up a pair anyway.

chella

Stunt Coordinator
I use DM602 S2s in the front and a CDM CNT as the center. I tried the LCR6 and CC6 - both were not satisfactory to me. I think a good center channel speaker is very essential for HT experience. A very high percentage of material comes off the center. In the case of CDM CNT, it is more sensitive and larger (volume) than the 1NT. I think that helps very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks