What's new

which wireless adapter do i need? (1 Viewer)

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
I just bought an Onkyo 515 a/v receiver and it should be here early next week. I would like to have it networked wirelessly but am not sure which adapter I should buy. I see quite a few for all around 20-40 dollars. Not sure how much of a difference they all make or anything so I figured I should get some suggestions on here!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have both the Netgear WNCE2001/3001. They both run right into a Netgear FS605. No problems with a BD, Directv or anything else connected. The 2001 is 50-ish feet(and almost line of sight) from a WNDR4500. The 3001 is 85 feet and downstairs.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I bought the NR414 as a Christmas present to myself, but haven't had time to swap it for my trusty old Yamaha yet. AFAIK all the Onkyo "wireless ready" receivers will only work with Onkyo's proprietary USB adapter, the UWF-1. I bought one on Black Friday, along with the receiver. I think I paid $20 at the time. $30 or so is a more typical price. I have a similar USB wi-fi adapter that I use with one of my computers, and I was going to test with the Onkyo when I get around to it. But everything I read on line makes me think it won't work - hence my purchase of the Onkyo adapter. ;) Regards, Joe

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
So should I just go with the uwf-1? Or get an "after market" one like the netgear? My router is only gonna be like 20 to 30 feet away. Same room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks