which way would you go?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Travis, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Travis

Travis Second Unit

I am getting my taxes back in another week and have a couple of different options I am pursuing and am wondering which one you think will make the biggest difference.

Option 1: Axiom m22's, vp150, 3 qs8's for surrounds. Keep my sony wx700 sub. Total cost= about 1450

Option 2: Axiom m22's, vp150, keep my polk rm6700's for the rear surrounds, sell my sony to a friend for 200 and buy a 20-39 pc +.
    Total cost= about 1450

Option 3: Axiom m60's, vp150, 2 qs8's, give away my rm6700's for 250, keep my sony wx700. Total cost= about 1400

I could budget more but have a hard time justifying spending more for my HT system. Besides spring is coming and I need to get the Gix ready to go.

2. Kevin Stewart

Kevin Stewart Second Unit

Kevin Stewart
    I would probably go with option number 1, then upgrade the sub at a later date when you can.

Stew

3. TosH

TosH Agent

Option 4: Screw the home theater and spend more money on the Gix? [​IMG]

Seriously, after hearing just how powerful an SVS can be, I'd go for #2 and upgrade the surrounds later on.

4. Mike_Skeway

Mike_Skeway Second Unit

I know I replied to the somewhere else, but a mix of option 2 and 3 (Axiom m60's, vp150, 2 qs8's,20-39 pc +). Over budget? Yes, but do it a bit at a time, you may be happier in the long run.

This is just my opinion. [​IMG]

Oh yeah don't forget to spend some $$ on the Gix, I'm sure it would like that. [​IMG]

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I'm with Mike. Option 2 and 3 would be the best long term decision imo. Do what you can when you can and you will be there[​IMG]

6. Travis

Travis Second Unit

Thanks for the replies. I have decided to get the m22's, vp150, and a 20-39 pc+. I just don't think I will do the m60's justice in my current setup (just not enough breathing room). I will leave my rm6700's as surrounds and use my polk center as the rear surround.
    This will leave me enough money to get the race tech suspension done on my 1k. [​IMG]