What's new

Which version of Silence of the Lambs is best (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Wasnt that only on the R2 version (ala Terminator)??
You're right, Jeff - this apparently only applies to the R2 version. (The review at Link Removed seems to support this).
I'd still recommend picking up the Criterion disc while it's still relatively easy to get!

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I just got back from Best Buy and got the MGM version since they didn't have the criteron version. The person out there said it was long out of print and impossible to find. I'll go out to FYE next week to buy that version

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I bought the Criterion a while ago because the commentary was superb and the picture was decent. I picked up the R2 MGM two disc version, but didn't like the new "cooler" transfer, the subtitled text, so I sold the movie disc to a friend for around half of what I paid for the R2 version. I then repackaged the extras disc with the Criterion disc using a double amaray.

Yay, excellent commentary and good retrospective, and some other decent extras throughout both discs.

Note: I don't have a 16:9 television yet, and this can only be done if your TV can support PAL and NTSC..

Juan C Toro

Stunt Coordinator
But if you are looking for is the funniest version of Silence of the Lambs, get the French & Saunders at the Movies DVD. It has a hilarious spoof on this movie that is worth the price.
JC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks