1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Which version of "Shangri La," DVD-A or SACD?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ron Reda, May 27, 2005.

1. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I'm debating on which version to buy based solely on sound quality...any opinions/reviews?

2. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

This was posted a while ago, so I figured I'd ask again now that people may have had a chance to compare the two versions.

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I got the SA-CD and I won't be getting the DVD-A ever. I think you should get whichever you suspect your player/s will play better. You ought to have some idea about that.

4. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    While I fail to see the need to own two hi-res formats of the same recording, it is not always so cut and dried as to which format is better played by your player. Mine is pretty much a dead heat with each format (borrowed an SACD of Beck's Sea Change to compare to my DVD-A). On the rare occasions I want something that is in both formats, I go with the less expensive of the two.

5. mackie

mackie Supporting Actor

I have two DVD players. One plays DVD-A & SACD and the other only plays DVD-A. I bought the DVD-A version... It sound great by the way. I doubt there is much audible difference between the two.