What's new

Which version of "Shangri La," DVD-A or SACD? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I'm debating on which version to buy based solely on sound quality...any opinions/reviews?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
This was posted a while ago, so I figured I'd ask again now that people may have had a chance to compare the two versions.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I got the SA-CD and I won't be getting the DVD-A ever. I think you should get whichever you suspect your player/s will play better. You ought to have some idea about that.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
While I fail to see the need to own two hi-res formats of the same recording, it is not always so cut and dried as to which format is better played by your player. Mine is pretty much a dead heat with each format (borrowed an SACD of Beck's Sea Change to compare to my DVD-A). On the rare occasions I want something that is in both formats, I go with the less expensive of the two.

mackie

Supporting Actor
I have two DVD players. One plays DVD-A & SACD and the other only plays DVD-A. I bought the DVD-A version... It sound great by the way. I doubt there is much audible difference between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks