What's new

Which version of ROAD TO BALI is the one to buy? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
There are at least three DVD's of this movie, which is obviously in the public domain. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these for sharpness/color fidelity/contrast?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
A quick search of the bulletin board at the Bing Crosby Internet Museum confirms Kurt's post -- the Brentwood is the way to go for both Road to Bali and Road to Rio, neither of which have yet been released by Universal.

Jo_C

Second Unit
For the record, folks,

"Road To Bali" was not part of either the Paramount or Universal libraries once Bob Hope Enterprises got the rights from Paramount. I believe Hope Enterprises held the rights for many years, then I think it was in the 1970s that a company called Colex Enterprises (joint venture of Columbia Pictures Television and LBS Communications) acquired the rights. According to the Brentwood video cover, Columbia Pictures Television is the copyright holder, but the distributor today is Fremantle Media (successor in interest to Pearson Television [whose logo can be seen on and in the Brentwood video] and All American Television--I think the holdings in LBS were bought by All American a few years ago). Brentwood is the video licensor, so judging by all this Brentwood distributes the "official" video version.

I think "Seven Little Foys" is in the Hope package also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks