Which to choose??? Need help please!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by markMGB, May 23, 2005.

1. markMGB

markMGB Auditioning

Hi, my name is Mark, and I am new to this forum. I have caught the bug recently of home enetertainment. I purchased a set of athena AS-B1 front speakers, AS-C1 center channel and AS-R1 dipole rear channels, and will be soons buying a pair of new front speakers and installing the B1's as middle speakers. Which reciever would you guys suggest?
    1) Yamaha HTR5760
    2) Yamaha HTR5750
    3) Pioneer VSX-D815

Of all of the choices, I am leaning more towards the 5760, but was wondering if this is a good unit. The reason I'm not too keen on the Pioneer is that it doesn't offer a graphic EQ, and if I ever plan on expanding, it doesn't offer multi-room capabilities, however, it DOES have more power/channel than the 5760. Any suggestions between these 3 units? Thanks for all you help in advance!

Mark

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The 815 is rated to have more power, but I have a feeling it probably doesn't in the real world. They are probably pretty similar in reality. IMO, of those choices, the 5760 would be the one, especially if you are going to run a 7.1 setup.

Caution: this site will only ADD to your upgrade bug...[​IMG]

3. John S

John S Producer

lol.. Why the Yammy 5890 but of course...

And come back and give a detailed review of it too. I have been eye'n that one for some of my friends.