What's new

Which to buy (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I'm stuck between the RPLCD XBR950 and the Hitatchi VX915. Both are 60" models. My wife likes the Hitatchi because it's black. Which would you choose?

John S

Senior HTF Member
While I am way to much of a loser to ever have a girl friend, let alone a wife... It is my understanding that the wife should always win. Go with the Hitatchi.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I haven't seen the XBR950 but IMO the Sony 60XS955 has a better picture than the Hitachi. I also didn't like the reflective screen on the Hitachi.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Most likely you won't notice the difference between 720p and 768p.

Have you looked at the 60XS955? I actually like it better than the XBR because the XBR has the reflective screen.

MarkN

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, I would go with the Sony 60XS955. I just got the Samsung HLR5667 but it was a tough decision w/ the Sony 55XS...the 60" is NICE but too large for my room.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
What makes the 955 better than the XBR?

Let me ask this....Money is no object. What R.P. L.C.D. would you buy?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Yes, the XBR is always the top of the line for Sony. However, I believe that the XS955 is a newer model than the current XBR. I could be mistaken on that though. The main thing that I didn't like about the XBR is the reflective screen. I have tons of ambient light in my room and a reflective screen just doesn't work for me. I'm surprised that no one else has chimed in on this.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I thought that screen was supposed to help with the light? This set will go in a room that gets light early in the day so weekends are when light would be an issue. I have an East facing sliding glass door in the room it's going in.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Any TV that has a piece of plexiglass over the screen will have reflections. They may call it an anti-reflective screen but IMO all it does is cause reflections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks