What's new

Which SVS? (1 Viewer)

MarkMaximus

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search and didn't find any questions relavent to mine. I have a room that is 19'x15'x8' (lxwxh). I would say that the room is very "reflective" in nature and I do not have any sound dampening treatments or anything.. I'm wondering what SVS sub would fill my room with enough "power". I was thinking of going with the 29-31PCi, getting the low hz bass really isn't that important, as long as I have enough umph (or is low hz really cool?) open to suggestions. Thankyou for your time.

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
Mark my best suggestion would be to e-mail SVS with your question. I e-mailed them my room size and specs and they e-mailed me back within minutes. I ended up with the 25-31PC-Plus.

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
What levels do you like to listen at? Do you listen at moderate levels or do you like insane amounts of bass? Do you live in an apartment or single house? Do you currently have a sub and what kind is it? A 25-31PCi would be an adequate sub in that room while a 25-31PC+ would be a bit better and a PB2+ would be insane :D We need to know more about what you're used to and what you are trying to achieve. Is this mostly for music or movies and what kinds of each? My room is about that volume (13.5' x 24' x 7.5') and I have dual CS-Ultras. It's insane :D

Mitch

MarkMaximus

Stunt Coordinator
It is the bottom floor of a house, I will be listening to 60 movies/40 music. I don't have a sub.

System set up is:
S312 Mains
SCenter
S26 's (possibly side possibly rear depending on pending deal)
S38 's (possibly side if deal goes through)

Are the low hz frequencies really worth budging the extra 100 bucks? (difference between 25-31PCi and 16-21PCi)

RickMo

Stunt Coordinator
I suggest you call SVS directly. That's what I did and they were very helpful in suggesting the right sub. I asked about tuning the 25-31 down to 22 hz (they thought it was not a good idea given my room), and in the end, purchased the 2039. I never felt pressured by them. Haven't regretted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks