What's new

Which SVS? (1 Viewer)

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, I have a 12'6*13'6 living room with a 10' opening into a 10'*10' kitchen. Its also an apartment, but I'm thinking ahead for when I move into a house. I'm figuring either the 20-39PCi or the 20-39PC-Plus. I guess I'm having trouble try'n to swallow the fact that one is $825. What do you recomend?

My HT will consist of:
Pioneer 45tx(Just ordered, comes Friday!)
Paradign Studio 40's front(This weekend or the next)
Studio cc
Studio 20's for rear

BTW what is shipping cost for the SVS's to roughly MN.

Thanks, Matt

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator
I would definetely get the PC Plus...

The Apartment situation though, your neighbors are gonna feel your rumble tumble, so make sure you invite them in for a movie ;).

If you plan on moving into a house later, you can always get another SVS Pc Plus.

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator
I would definetely get the PC Plus...

The Apartment situation though, your neighbors are gonna feel your rumble tumble, so make sure you invite them in for a movie ;).

If you plan on moving into a house later, you can always get another SVS Pc Plus.

MarcVH

Second Unit
You can find out the shipping cost using SVS's order sheet; just enter your address (or at least the right zip code) but abort before finalizing the order. They ship from Ohio, so it shouldn't be too much.

You probably won't regret going to the PCPlus as long as you're OK with not pushing it while you still share walls with neighbors.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I have a 25-31PCi (tuned 22) and am perfectly happy with it, so if cost is an object you might consider staying with the 20-39PCi rather than shell out more for a PC+ which you don't really need. best source of information is to consult SVS, who will always make recommendations per need and not to sell you something more -- Tom V advised me the PCi was enough for me, even though I was somewhat tempted to hold out for a PC+.

FWIW, my living room is 26' x 13' with 10ft ceilings, with two large openings (corridor and mini-hall) not included in these measurements. the SVS is plenty loud for me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Matt;

I recently had a 16-46PC-Plus sub sent my way. (Hey, look! I'm from Minnesota, too!) It cost around $26 for shipping.

Concerning which sub you should get, that's hard to say. If you can spring the extra dough and need a little more power, get the PC-Plus. Otherwise, the PCi will serve you plenty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks