What's new

Which SVS sub for my room....? (1 Viewer)

David Bouwkamp

Auditioning
I am in the market for a new sub and from what I have been reading in this forum SVS is the way to go. My room dimensions are 19'x24'. I would like one of their powered subs and will be running it with a Pioneer Elite VSX-39TX. What size sub do you all think I would need?

Neal_C

Second Unit
Email the guys at SVS and they will definitely be able to give you the best advice and won't try to oversell you.

Neal

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
David,
What kind of money are you looking to spend?

I'd probably recommend for that size either the PB2ISD or Pb2+ in their box subs. Those run $900 and 1200 respectively.

If you want to spend less well then you are going to have to accept less bass in a room that big.

But yes email SVS and they will get back to you fast.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
David, I'm very curious what sub you end up buying for that massive-sized room. Please keep us updated, as I really want to know what you choose.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
- Where will the sub be placed in the room.

- How far from the sub are the key listening positions.

- How many permanent openings are in the room, and where will the sub be located in relation to them.

- What type of DVDs and music to you like and what is the listening percentage for each.

- When calibrating for HT applications, how "hot" do you run your sub, compared to your surround channels?

- What is your typical master volume setting with respect to Reference Level (like -5RL, -10RL, -15RL) when watching DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks