which SVS model

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Wata, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Mark Wata

Mark Wata Auditioning

I read the threads on SVS and now considering purchase. But the different models confuse me is one better for music. We spend 70%listening to music,cd,sacd and dvd-audio and 30% movies.The room is 11ft by 13ft by8ft-high(only one window).Speakers are Klipsch Reference tower,center and surround.Music of all types played at all volume levels by family members.Would the SVS Ultras in pair be a good choice.

Thanks

2. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Mark;
    First of all, all of the subs in SVS's lineup will sound great with music. I have a 16-46PC model, which many would consider primarily an LFE sub for movie soundtracks, sounds awesome with music as well. In fact, it is possibly the best music sub I have heard, period.
    The different models (sizes) are intended to suit different needs. The general rule of thumb is, the smaller the enclosure, the louder it will be; however, the larger subs will give you more bass extension, which can be very nice for movie soundtracks.
    If you're mostly concerned with music, then a 25-31 (the smallest size) model may be the best choice for you, since most music doesn't feature super-deep low frequencies. If you wanted, SVS could tune that sub to 22 Hz so that you can get a little more bass extension in case you did want to watch movies with it.
    An Ultra (or a pair of Ultras) would also work wonderfully. However, in a room that size, I doubt you would need two of them. One should be... how shall we say? Enough? [​IMG]

3. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Once you get the SVS you will be watching more movies. I am not saying they are better for movies because I was in the same spot but the other way around. I got the SVS 20-39CS (new driver now) for mostly HT and now I am almost 50 50. Its amazing what a good sub will do.

4. Mark Wata

Mark Wata Auditioning

Thanks for the info its helped alot

Mark