Which SVS for these purposes?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by James~P, Jun 16, 2004.

1. James~P

James~P Stunt Coordinator

1000 (I could push for an extra 500) dollars, with amp. The room is mid-sized, and completely asymetrical. I need a subwoofer to go with B&W 602 S3s all around driven by Rotel.

I tend to like to listen at "Theater" levels... so the sub needs to put out good solid volume. The room isn't very big, and its completely sealed so it shouldn't be TOO hard for a sub to reach high levels in it.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.

2. James~P

1000 (I could push for an extra 500) dollars, with amp. The room is mid-sized, and completely asymetrical. I need a subwoofer to go with B&W 602 S3s all around driven by Rotel.

I tend to like to listen at "Theater" levels... so the sub needs to put out good solid volume. The room isn't very big, and its completely sealed so it shouldn't be TOO hard for a sub to reach high levels in it.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I think for shear output and great quality you should look at the PB2+. For a little better SQ and a little less SPL take a look at the PC-Ultra. Also, send an e-mail to SVS and ask for their recommendations.

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I think for shear output and great quality you should look at the PB2+. For a little better SQ and a little less SPL take a look at the PC-Ultra. Also, send an e-mail to SVS and ask for their recommendations.

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Hi James,

I noticed your other Thread that you have going earlier today. Just had a few minutes so couldn't reply. It's good to see you are going with the 2's all-round. Thats going to sound great. I did try the 2 as a center and it worked out very well. I went ahead and stayed with the LCR 600 though. I have changed them all out since but I sure liked them.

What size room are you in James? It's all closed off which is good but is your seating close to the back wall? I'm thinking possibly a PCI or the PB1-ISD might be fine?

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Hi James,

I noticed your other Thread that you have going earlier today. Just had a few minutes so couldn't reply. It's good to see you are going with the 2's all-round. Thats going to sound great. I did try the 2 as a center and it worked out very well. I went ahead and stayed with the LCR 600 though. I have changed them all out since but I sure liked them.

What size room are you in James? It's all closed off which is good but is your seating close to the back wall? I'm thinking possibly a PCI or the PB1-ISD might be fine?

7. James~P

Steve --

The room is about 22' long, and I think ~12' or 14' across at its widest. The seats are not very close to the back wall, ~8 feet back I'd say.

8. James~P

Steve --

The room is about 22' long, and I think ~12' or 14' across at its widest. The seats are not very close to the back wall, ~8 feet back I'd say.

9. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Your in about the same size room as I'm in then. The PC-PLUS/PB1-PLUS would do the job but with your seating out a little the 2-ISD/2-PLUS as SeathH mentioned would give you more wiggle room. Having some extra headroom is a nice benefit. If and when you decide you can really let-her RIP worry free! Dual CS+'s are nice also.

10. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Your in about the same size room as I'm in then. The PC-PLUS/PB1-PLUS would do the job but with your seating out a little the 2-ISD/2-PLUS as SeathH mentioned would give you more wiggle room. Having some extra headroom is a nice benefit. If and when you decide you can really let-her RIP worry free! Dual CS+'s are nice also.

11. Joe Blech

Joe Blech Stunt Coordinator

Another vote here for the PB2+. A coworker has the PB2+ with B&W 604s3's and the LCR600 driven by Rotel and the sound was incredible. The PB2+ will give you the headroom that you will appreciate. SVS + B&W + Rotel is such a great setup in my opinion.