What's new

Which SVS - 2039CS+ or 2039 Ultra (1 Viewer)

bnlitin

Auditioning
I've been using my SVS 2039CS for almost a year now and want to upgrade to either the CS+ or Ultra to get more output.

My current 2039CS sub clips on certain movies.

I only have space for one subwoofer (so I do not want to add another 2039CS).

Which would be a better choice - the 2039CS+ or the Ultra?

I also use the sub for listening to music, so it needs to be accurate and precise. I will be driving it with a Parasound HCA1500 amp (320W into 4 Ohms), crossed over at 80 Hz by the Tag AV32R preamp.

My room is 1200+ square feet with high ceilings.

Thanks for any advice.

Boris

Norman Short

Stunt Coordinator
That sounds like a huge room; takes a lot of woofage to fill that kind of cubic area. If you can only have one sub for that large area, I'm sure Tom and Ron will advise the Ultra. However, your amp will not power either the CS+ or the Ultra to it's limits so if you're limited to one sub for a lot of area you might want to consider a bigger amp as well.

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
1200 square feet?!?!?!?!?!

damn. You will need twin ULTRAS for a room that big at the least. That being said, I would recommend getting the SS if the budget permits or else go with the ULTRA. Make sure you get an amp that can drive that bad boy to the limit cause you will need it... that is a HUGE room!

MarcVH

Second Unit
The room is 1200 square feet (bigger than the entire living space of my house) but you can't find another 1.4 square feet of room in it for a second sub? Wow.

I second what others have said -- if you want substantial bass, even a single CS-Ultra seems unlikely to suffice. If we could ignore the "not enough room" constraint, I'd probably keep the current CS and add a pair of CS+s to it due to their preferable price-performance ratio. Could you mount the subs on the ceiling or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks