Which Surrounds PSB, DEF Tech, or Paradigm

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty D., Feb 7, 2002.

1. Marty D.

Marty D. Agent

Ok I have heard many brands in bi-polar design. Of all those (atl. tech, boston, phase tech and these) I have narrowed it to the PSB 10S, Def Tech 2x, or the Paradigm ADP170. Unfortunately I am subject to MSRP here unless I buy them on EBAY. Which I don't want to do. The prices are $649, $500 and $400 respectively. They all sound similiar. Can anyone give me a reason not to go with the cheapest option. I will be using these for rear-side surrounds in a future 6.1/7.1 Settup. The room is rectangular 18L by 11W.

BTW my existing system consist of Pinnacle gold towers, gold center and mini monitors.

Thanks in Advance

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

If they all sound similar to you, then you should probably go with the cheapest. But you might want to factor in aesthetics too...do all of these speakers come in white and black colors, and are they all a similar size?

3. Marty D.

Marty D. Agent

Yes, Aestecally, they have thir differences. However, I can take any one. Other than sound what about build quality or any other intangibles.

4. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

Sorry Marty...I have no idea how each of these compare in terms of build quality. I suspect that they are all built reasonably well. I have a pair of white bp2x's...and I have had no problems whatsoever with them. Good luck!

5. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

If you currently already have the Pinnacle system, perhaps you should stick to the same line of speakers to minimize any differences in timbre.