What's new

which subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering if i should get the adire audio rava sub or the new hsu stf-2 that is coming out next week. My usage is 50/50 and right now im running an onkyo hts-760 htib. Even though i like the included sub, i want a sub i can keep for years.My max budget is 450 dollars. I'm also curious as to how the 12" fluance sub sounds, i called them and they said it can go down to 23hz. I somehow don't believe that but i am curious as to how good it sounds.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Although the Hsu is new, I wouldn't imagine it would deviate from their previous track records. I think several, including Curtis have mentioned that they've listened to it and like it a lot. The Adire has been a well-documented performer, so it'll be a difficult pick.

I also have my doubts about the Fluance claim. I think even Fluance fans have looked elsewhere when it comes to subs (e.g., Dayton).

For $450, you might consider looking for a used/b-stock VTF-2.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
For $450, you might consider looking for a used/b-stock VTF-2.
I have seen used VTF-2's on audiogon for $350....they do not last long at all at that price.

I have not heard the STF-2 yet....but the smaller STF-1 was great surprise!

Oh...it looks like the STF-2 is now shipping!

thanks guys,i'll definitely keep the vtf-2 in mind.I would rather spend a little more on a sub that has a proven track record then spend it on something that could be worse than the sony sa-wm40, like the fluance sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks