which subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by justin_troness, Nov 19, 2003.

1. justin_troness

I'm wondering if i should get the adire audio rava sub or the new hsu stf-2 that is coming out next week. My usage is 50/50 and right now im running an onkyo hts-760 htib. Even though i like the included sub, i want a sub i can keep for years.My max budget is 450 dollars. I'm also curious as to how the 12" fluance sub sounds, i called them and they said it can go down to 23hz. I somehow don't believe that but i am curious as to how good it sounds.

2. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

Although the Hsu is new, I wouldn't imagine it would deviate from their previous track records. I think several, including Curtis have mentioned that they've listened to it and like it a lot. The Adire has been a well-documented performer, so it'll be a difficult pick.

I also have my doubts about the Fluance claim. I think even Fluance fans have looked elsewhere when it comes to subs (e.g., Dayton).

For $450, you might consider looking for a used/b-stock VTF-2.

3. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

4. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

Ditto on checking out a b-stock or used VTF-2...good luck with your decision! [​IMG]

5. justin_troness

thanks guys,i'll definitely keep the vtf-2 in mind.I would rather spend a little more on a sub that has a proven track record then spend it on something that could be worse than the sony sa-wm40, like the fluance sub.