What's new

Which subwoofer should I buy? (1 Viewer)

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
HI,

I'm buying a JBL NSP1 II, but I dont know if should go with the PB12 or the PB10.

My room is small (14x14 feet), I don't know if a PB12 will be too much.

Thanks for any replies,
Pablo Abularach

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have the PB12 and it gets my vote over the PB10. There is not much of a difference in price, and the 12 delivers more bass. Go for it!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH...when it comes to home theater.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I have a 10'x10' room and I'm using a 15" tempest in a 4 foot high enclosure. The bass is very clean and therefore easy on the ears. I plan on adding another 15" tempest to the room soon powered by 250 watts.

I don't think you can have too much bass for a room. All you have to do is turn it down if it's too much. I believe that once you hear the sub and how easy bass levels are on the ears then you will probably want even "more" bass for your room.

My suggestion is to save and pay $400 for the JBL S120-Pii. IMO, the difference in price to performance between the studio sub and the PB sub is well worth the upgrade. Hits deeper, sounds cleaner, and has 400 watts of clean bass, even at maximum gain. If you can, go to a bestbuy and A/B compare them to see what I'm talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks