What's new

Which Subwoofer is better? (1 Viewer)

PrinceJuan

Auditioning
guy's,

Can any one tell me which subwoofer is better?

SVS PB2 or M&K V-1250THX's or MX-350thx.

Thanks,
Prince

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
You should get a lot of biased opinions from that. :D

Seriously better for what? What will you be using it for?

Mostly music? Mostly movies? 50/50? What are your tastes in bass?

I personally haven't listened to all of these so I can not comment. You may not find anyone that has heard each of these.

Best I can say is both manufacturers make great subs. Audition them and see what fits your needs the best.

Check audioenvy to see if there is an SVS near you. Or you will have to order one to audition it.

Good luck. Sorry if this isn't exactly what you were looking for.

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
@ PrinceJuan

I had the MX-350thx a few days for an audit in my room.
It performed well with no distortion, but I sent it back as the cost was to high for the results.
I decided then on SVS, as I got two units there for nearly the price of one M&K.
In the end, both solutions offers me two 12" drivers, but with two separate units I can distribute the bass better in my room.
I'll get the SVS units in February, then I can tell more.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
A M&K dealer admitted that my 20-39 PC Plus outclassed his MX-350 Mk II (SVS goes louder, cleaner & lower bass reproduction) The M&K also struggled with Toy Story II intro, the SVS didn't. You can buy three SVS's for the price of one MX-350 Mk II.

At least he's honest, and willing to admit cheaper products outclass the more expensive products he sells. That's hard to find nowawdays. He doesn't sell SVS, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks