Which Sub???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ShanonS, Sep 25, 2001.

1. ShanonS

ShanonS Stunt Coordinator

I'm having a hard time deciding which sub to get. I know this has been asked and asked again. I would really like an SVS 20-39PC, but it's just simply out of my range. I've had some suggest the Dharman, which looks really great, but then there's the current talk over at hometheatertalk about either bottoming or clipping. I'd really appreciate any comments from anyone here who has one, and whether you experienced this or not. Then there's the VTF-2 which sounds pretty good for the price and size. Can something that size really get down to 20 and keep it clean. Then, there's the last year's Vel's. CHT-12's and 15's can still be found for about the price of the VTF, or cheaper. So many choices.

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

If you can afford the Dharman, then that is the one to go for. The bottoming out/clipping is due to people testing out the sub, especially as it is new. The same thing happened to SVS a while ago. I really wouldn't worry about it. If you are, go ahead and get the VTF-2 or the Adire Audio Rava. Another possibility is getting a 20-39CS and something to power it with. Let the receiver handle the crossover.

3. ShanonS

ShanonS Stunt Coordinator

At least one person responded.
    Thanks Bryan.

4. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer