What's new

WHICH SUB FOR ME?? (1 Viewer)

FROGMAN

Agent
Real Name
Michael Lugar
Living in Missoula, Montana does not provide for quality higher end stores to listen to subwoofers to determine what I want or need for both music and HT listening. So I try to read and understand input from others who know far more than me. Which SubWoofer to buy and why? If we only hear to 20 Hz and feel bass from there, are we wanting the room to shake (more frequency and pressure) to know we have a good subwoofer. Small vis larger box subs to reproduce the lowest bass at high volumes with low distortion. One or two subs to reach down to 18 Hz at -3dB's in the max bass extension mode. SVS (SB12-PLUS), Rel (T2 OR T1), HSU (VTF-3 MK3) have been recommended and all look great, without the ability to listen to them how can I decide which one to choose? Opinions!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Some folks I know from forums, bought an SVS sub, and absolutely love it. They contacted SVS and told them room dimensions and layout, and whatever other info they asked for, and SVS recommended the perfect sub for them (according to the buyers). They were very happy with SVS' recommendations.
Contact SVS and see what they say............

FROGMAN

Agent
Real Name
Michael Lugar
I plan to call all three to see what they say, thank you for your input!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Add Elemental Designs and Epik Subwoofers to your short list as well. eD started years ago as a car audio manufacturer but their home subs are selling like crazy now. Epik Subs are designed and built by Chad Kuypers (a forum member for years). He gets his drivers from Scott Atwell (former owner of Resonant Engineering).

-Robert

FROGMAN

Agent
Real Name
Michael Lugar
How do I determine if my Defenitive Tech BP2002TL's are full range? What does "large" and "small" mean with your AVR? What does 100dB at 20HZ have to do with large/small?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks