What's new

Which stores in New York City to audition at? (1 Viewer)

Dan Belina

Agent
I live north of New York City and the only shops up here are Best Buy and Circuit City.

I was planning on heading down to check out J & R, and was wondering if anyone knew of any other shops I should check out that carry higher end stuff or product lines that J & R do not carry (e.g. Infinity, Wharfedale, Paradigm, B & W) ?

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I can't remeber the name of the store but it was right across from the flat iron building. It was a smaller shop but they had some nice high end equipment in there.

Martice

Screenwriter
Hi Dan. I live in the NYC area and I can give you a couple of places but let me warn you, some can be a little tough to get quality time from. Some even have the listening rooms in the back and will only take you if they know you are serious about a purchase and your budget is workable.

The best chance you'd have of getting a listen coming off of the street is Harvey's. They have a location on 45th between 5th and 6th avenues. They have a descent range of electronics from boutique high end to your ultra high end gear. Unfortunately, you won't enjoy the most competative prices but then again, the logic is that if you're shopping around in there store, then you should be able to afford their prices.

If you are used to Best Buy and Circuit City prices, then you may be in for a little shock in these high end stores.

Ben Stern

Stunt Coordinator
The best chance you'd have of getting a listen coming off of the street is Harvey's. They have a location on 45th between 5th and 6th avenues.

Only a half a block down from Harveys on 45th street is a place called Sound City. They carry Paradigm, including the Signature series. Ask for Steve and tell him Ben Stern sent you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks