What's new

Which Star Trek series is your favorite? (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
That's easy! Any series with a gorgeous woman with a fantastic bod in a skin tight costume is #1 in my book.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
1. TOS
2. DS9
3. TNG
4. Enterprise
5. Voyager (would never have watched without 7 of 9!)
:emoji_thumbsup:

John Francese

Auditioning
TNG ....Make It So!...I run my office the way Picard runs his bridge and I get great results....The Klingons always seem to give me problems though?!:)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Definately my favorite is TNG.. with TOS a very close 2nd. deep space nine is decent, voyager is forgettable and enterprise i have to say i enjoyed the first season.

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
TOS. It was way before my time but I grew up watching them because my parents were fanatics of the show and got me into it. I Like TNG but they were no where near as fun as the TOS, plus TOS movies (except # 5) kills the TNG movies. DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise I dont really watch, maybe now and then but they dont hold my interest like TOS and TNG.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
For me, it's a toss-up between TOS and DS9. I love both even though they're polar opposites: TOS had a new idea every week, and was wonderfully uncluttered, with its three main cast members, and little necessary backstory; it offers big rewards for little investment.

DS9, on the other hand, is demanding even by the standards of the increasingly serialized TV shows of the 90s/00s. From the first shot of the pilot, it expects you to know what has come before. It started out with the largest regular cast of the series, added more later, and also built a whole second tier cast of recurring characters who would become de facto regulars. Characters grew and changed in interesting ways (and had personal lives!), and it was important to watch the series in sequence.

Both are exemplary examples of the kind of shows they are, and the time periods in which they were created.

Not far down, on the next level, is TNG. It's a very good show in the TOS mode, even if it lacks TOS's economy (for example, there was no reason for Troi or Geordi to be in the regular cast). In a way, its a victim of being stuck between TOS and DS9 - it oftentimes wanted to have both TOS's stability and DS9's scale, and it didn't quite work by the end.

"Voyager" - ugh. Folks are probably sick of my anti-Berman/Braga ranting by now, so let's just say that this show was run by cynical people without love for the genre, characters, or franchise. And it showed.

"Enterprise"... who knows? It had a spectacular premiere and since then has steadily regressed in the "Voyager"-ish direction of trying to recapture what people loved about TOS and TNG without the help of people who understood its appeal.

BillBobs

Grip
TOS: the "camp" series. The kind of dimestore pulp that hard sci-fi lovers hate. Square-jawed hero defeats green aliens with fisticuffs, etc. B-
TNG: the series that sticks closest to the spirit of true sci-fi. A+
DS9: I couldn't get into it, so I didn't watch it much. First of all, too much Ferengi. Second, it seemed too dramatic. I don't want a soap opera in space. no grade
Voyager: Star Trek for chicks, and not just because of Janeway. Very emotional/romance oriented. Some good stories, though. B+.
Enterprise: jeez, it's got Scott Bakula in it. I'm not watching this. no grade

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks