What's new

Which Star Trek series is your favorite? (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Original all the way baby! :D
Though I'm not a Trekkie or Trekker or whatever you call them people. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yo, "Brother Frank," unless you want people answering under my name, this poll might be skewed. But I've already skewered you for forcing me to participate in a thread in this section! :) (Just kidding, "Polls" denizens. I love you's guys. Really!)
I've been ardently following Star Trek ever since September of 1966. But my favorite incarnation of the franchise is none other than ...
• TNG, hands down.
Followed by ...
• TOS
• DS9
and, very distantly,
Enterprise.
That awful debacle starring Kate Mulgrew does not, I repeat, does not count!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
TNG is one of my all time favorite shows but none of the others make the list. Regardless I would rank DS9 #2, TOS #3 and Voyager #4. I haven't seen enough of Enterprise to make an educated statement about it.

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Until there's an episode from one of the other series featuring any of the following...

-Kirk & Spock in mortal combat with Vulcan polearms
-The Gorn
-Klingons getting their engine room filled with tribbles
-The Mugato
-the words "I'm a doctor, not a ________"
-The Horta
-KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
-The Salt Vampire
-Riley getting drunk and nearly incinerating the ship
-Those cavemen from "The Galileo Seven"
-Joan Collins in a story that makes me cry
-That Vampire cloud thingy from "Obsession"
-Kirk's patented flying kick
-Bad toupees
-Fisticuffs
-Kirk conquering a planet full of gangsters
-Kirk killing his enemies with a photon grenade launcher, after his weapons officer advises against it

...MAKE MINE THE ORIGINAL SERIES!!!!!!

DanaA

Screenwriter
I vote the original, because Science Officer Spock is, in my eyes, the finest science fiction creation ever.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
My Trek viewing started with DS9, then moved to TNG. Later, upon rewatching most of the DS9 series, I quickly realized how superior it was(at least from season three onward). DS9 had intricate, recurring plot threads and complex characters, where pretty much every episode of TNG was self-contained and Worf was the only significantly developed character.

Bottom line: TNG had some truly great episodes(some of which match the best of DS9), but DS9 was a truly great series...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
For me a 3 way tie between TOS, DS9 and TNG - I refuse to choose between them.

Voyager and Enterprise are right around the same level as Friends as far as Im concerned(Meaning Id rather bait a crocodile with my manhood than be subjected to a episode of that garbage)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
This is a difficult one for me, I was a Trekkerino back in the 70's, loved Next Generation, still easy the best SF series of the past 30 years IMO, BUT I voted for the Classic Original Series, this was the one I have fondest memories of, Kirk, Spock, McCoy et al, loved the music, the color, the miniskirts, the creaky but colorful effects, perfect.:emoji_thumbsup:
1)Star Trek Original Series (a nostalgic favorite, beam me up Scotty):emoji_thumbsup:
2)Star Trek Next Generation (brilliant episodes, much missed):emoji_thumbsup:
3)Star Trek Voyager (some very good episodes, loved seven of nine):D
4)Star Trek Deep Space Nine (hated all that boring religious mumbo jumbo):thumbsdown:
5)Enterprise (could go boldly forward in the 2nd season, hopefully):)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
1) TNG
2) TOS
3) Enterprise - I guess I'm the only person who likes this show :frowning:
4) DS9 - Last 2 seasons were pretty good with the Dominion war
5) Voyager - I never really got into this one
John.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going with TNG...
Only two more episodes and the extras on Season 2 & I can start watching Season 3:)
DS9 and TOS are neck & neck for second, however...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Next Generation - characters I really cared about, a strong captain, a crew not afraid to use ramming speed rather than surrender to the enemy, space battles with the Borg, Counselor Troi, Tasha Yar, Counselor Troi :)
As tough as Worf was, Tasha Yar could kick his ass, as could Data.
What's not to like.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I've really enjoyede Enterprise, and though it is probably too early to vote it #1, I did anyway!;)
1. Enterprise
2. TNG
3. DS9
4. TOS
5. Voayger

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I have to go with TNG as the best Star Trek series, since it had the best uninterrupted run of consecutive good seasons; followed very closely by DS9.
TOS, of course, will always be the champion from the perspective of originality, but unfortunately only had two good years before being torpedoed by NBC.
Here's my Star Trek Series ratings:
TNG - Anybody would be hard pressed to find a below average episode in seasons 3,4, and 5. This would be an incredible run for any episodic TV series, but especially so for what was really a sci-fi anthology show which had to create new premises every week. In fact, the only season out of the seven that contained more below average shows than above average shows was season one. Series Grade: A+
DS9 - This was the most linear of all the Star Trek series. In fact, the show was so linear that practically the entire last three years of the series really comprised one long episode! Some of the most unique episodes in Star Trek history played out within this series as well, such as the "official" Star Trek 30th Anniversary show (Trials and Tribble-ations) wherein Sisko meets Kirk(!) and the completion of the Mirror, Mirror alternate universe stories started in TOS. Series Grade: A
TOS - The show that was literally "too good for television." Needless to say, this series had the potential to be one of the longest running series in history, but was eviscerated by NBC after just two years due to the fact that the Nielsen ratings in those days were skewed toward "Women Over the Age of 45" (I kid you not!). In 1970, the year TOS went into syndication, Nielsen finally figured out that women over the age of 45 may control more money, on average, than the rest of the population; but that the 18-34 demographic was the one most likely to spend the money on the advertised products. The NBC marketing department then at least had the satisfaction of yelling "We told you so!" to the NBC execs that killed the show. Series Grade: First Two seasons: A+. Third Season: C+ Average: B
Voyager - It didn't seem to me as though this series ever really found itself. It got close a few times, but just couldn't seem to quite get over the hump. Like TNG it was essentially an anthology show, but the writers couldn't seem to write definitive episodes around the "premise of the week." And of course they were somewhat limited with what they could do with the regular characters due to the overall "Lost in Space" theme. The best that can be said about this series is that its last two seasons were probably its best. Series Grade: C+
Enterprise - The jury's still out; but the series definitely has potential. Series Grade: N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks