What's new

Which Star Trek movies box set? (1 Viewer)

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
I have all the original films (pre next gen) on vhs but they are full screen and worn down and was thinking of getting the original films as well as the next gen era movies soon but there are so many different box sets I thought I'd post here for advice on which to get since I think some are not directors cut/SE versions etc..

Anyone have any suggestions on which has the most goodies/extended versions?

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well I am waiting for all the movies to get the SE/DE treatment then I will buy the big boxset.

That would be by advice for you as well if you have waited this long, should be by next year.

Britton

Screenwriter
I would not recommend buying the boxed set with all 9 movies because the TNG movies are barebones. Generations is getting the Collector's Edition treatment later this year, so I would definitely wait until all 4 have been redone.

The 6 TOS movies are all available in 2 disc collector's editions and you can get a boxed set of just the first 6 CEs.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Also note that the different DVDs have different cuts of the movies on them. If you want a theatrical cut and the director's cut, you'll have to buy two different DVDs.
(And neither of the two different versions of ST6 is the theatrical cut.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks