What's new

Which Speakers? (1 Viewer)

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all this is my first post and I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I am building my home theater up. I just bought the sony KP51HW40 widescreen. I also am going to buy the Onkyo TXDS797 reciever. I was thinking of the HK AVR520 but it does not have a seperate speaker input for surroud center channel. Anyways the problem I have is what speakers I should do. I want to infinty's because I have had good look with them. My whole car stereo is infinity so I love them. I was thinking of the IL60's, ILC36 for center, and either the IL30's or the IL10's for rear and the ILc25 for rear center. The 60's have 12" subs built in so I dont need a separate sub. But I have heard they don't give the same impact as a seperate sub would. So know I am thinking of doing the IL40's with the 12"sub from Infinity or Veladyne. I am so confused on what to do. What setup would sound the best. the seperate sub or built in. Any suggestions would be great and thanks in advance.

Najib_H

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I was always under the impression that regardless of wether the towers have a built in sub or not, that an external sub will make it sound better. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :D
Check out the Velodyne SPL1200, I picked one up and it sounds awesome.

Doug Drake

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure you'll get lots of people suggesting that you check out SVS subwoofers, available only on-line at www.svsubwoofers.com. They are argueably the best subs out there for less than $2000. I just got one, and it hits hard and clean and deep.
Doug

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Najib,

I agree with Doug, check out the SVS subs, they're awesome. Since it's recommended that you set speakers to small in your receiver set up you won't be using, or needing, your mains to reproduce the low frequencies. Save your money and use a smaller main.

Have you really checked out the Infinities yet? Just because you like their car speakers doesn't mean you'll like their home speakers. They do make some very nice home speakers but some of their home lines aren't all that great either. I'm not too familiar with their equipment anymore.

Alex

itai

Stunt Coordinator
najib

i think that you might want to audition a few other speakers before you get the infinity. i chose mine after i heard a lot of brands and models, and finaly got a brand i never heard before, not the ones i thought im gonna get cause theyre famous an stuff. they just sounded better.

and, yes a seperate sub is the way to go, though for starters you could do without if you get the infinity.

cheers

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey thanks for all the advice. I have heard the Infinitys and i like them a lot. They sound he best in the rice range that I am looking at. Well thanks again for all advice. I decided to go with the IL40's with ILc36, IL10's for rear and the ILc25 and the IL120 sub. I work at Circuit City so I get all this stuff for nothing. Thanks again.

Najib_H

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Sounds like you made the right choice. The IL50's and 60's, like most side-firing sub mains simply do not have the impact of a separate sub/large front stage speaker set-up. The IL40's are crisper with much better mid-range and overall musicality, in my opinion. Let us know how the sub works out after break-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks