Which speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by eric_kl, Jan 28, 2002.

1. eric_kl

eric_kl Extra

Which speakers are a better match for a Dennon 1802 receiver? Monitor Audio Bronze 2 or Paradigm Mini-monitors. They will be used 70% music and 20% HT for the front channels. Currently only 2 channels will be used. I plan to add the other channels later. Thanks.

2. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

i auditioned both of those speakers and i think the mini-monitors are a better buy. The bronze 2's just didn't have the punch that the MM provided and clarity was about the same for the two.

I should tell you though that i found the MM and the bronze 2's to be muddy when i compared them to the speakers i eventually purchased, Studio 20's.

3. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor

"I should tell you though that i found the MM and the bronze 2's to be muddy when i compared them to the speakers i eventually purchased, Studio 20's."

LOL, most speakers are, compared to the 20's. I should never have listened to the Reference line. It would have saved me a lot of money because I was perfectly happy with the MM's.

4. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

I know what you're saying eric. I also had the MM in mind initially but once i listened to the 20's, it was over. I could have bought 2 sets of MM and a center but i opted for 1 pair of the studio 20's.
    It's hard you know when the upgrade bug hits. At least i have something that should last me maybe 4-5 years. I'm already looking ahead and thinking of a dynaudio monitor for my next purchase[​IMG]
    But before that i'll probably get a sub and an amp. Speakers will be the last thing i will upgrade since they are already pretty good as it is.