What's new

which speakers? (1 Viewer)

George bone

Agent
Hello I am sorry, I already posted this but No one really anwsered me please help out thanks
Hello folk I just bought a Harman Kardon avr-65 surround sound receiver and right now I am looking for a pair of speakers i could have in the front. I am looking for high quality speakers that will match my harman kardon well and blow me off my feet as well as fit my musical prefrences ( I know speakers have different sounds and some are better than others in some areas of music) which are mostly metal
and the occasional oldies like dylan marley sabbath ccr that kind of stuff. I didn't really name a budget because I don't really have one as I am gonna be buying off ebay and prices their vary alot. Looking mainly for floor speakers with good bass cause I don't really want to buy a sub at least not any time soon. also I have some KLH and some Jensen bookshelfs rated at 120w max could I use these for rear surround or do you think it's time to upgrade??? suggestions?
thanks hellez

John A. Casler

Second Unit
I have a used Pair of VMPS Tower IIs that you could have if you live in LA (to pick them up)

Not too much can touch them for around $795.

If you live somewhere else, just search for VMPS Tower II and see what you find. They will play with the AVR65 just fine (I used to have one of those too)

All the best,

John

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
There are a BUNCH of people that run Klipsch with HK. Klipsch speakers are VERY sensitive, not needing much juice to make them wail. Seeing as you listen to METAL, the Klipsch would be an excellent choice. The RF-3II's are nice sounding floorstanders. I would still put a sub with them though. A workable sub can be had for $200. I run B&W CDM 9NT's, but they may be a little pricey. I would suggest going & listening to your material on lots of different speakers. Stay away from BOSE.
This is a pretty informative site.
www.cheaphometheater.com
Klipsch models
http://www.reliableaudiovideo.com/klipspeak.html

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
I think you need to let people know what your budget is...at least a ballpark. When you say mostly HM..are you looking to listen to it LOUD, REALLY LOUD or CONCERT LEVELS? While most speakers under 500 will be 2-ways (at least the nice ones)..in your case i think you should look for a used 3-way speaker.and you would LOVE this speaker...and it would be awesone ro listen to classic rock on this true classic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1949901759

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks