What's new

Which speakers w/Denon 3802?? (1 Viewer)

Lisa

Grip
I have decided to get the Denon 3802. Now I'm thinking along the lines of JBL, Polk or Energy speakers to go with it (surround satellites and at least a 10" sub). I've listened to both JBL and Polk. I plan on checking out a store with the Energy speakers set up fairly soon. The JBL and Polk both impressed me. Any advice on which way to go???

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Budget? Room size? Any openings? Do you prefer towers or bookshelves? Do you have any problems with ordering from online companies?
[Edited last by BryanZ on September 25, 2001 at 10:22 AM]

Lisa

Grip
Hey BryanZ
The room is 19 x 14. I prefer bookshelf size over the tower speakers. The room is open to the kitchen on the side opposite of where the tv is placed. My budget is $500-$1000.
I don't have problems with online places (any suggestions?) except that my dad's JBL PB12 sub just blew up about 7 months after we got it from Cyberteria.com. He is getting it repaired and the manufacturer is honoring the warranty for repair. But if we got it at a local place we probably could've brought it back for an exchange instead...
Thanks

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I have Denon receivers in different setups using Atlantic Technology, and am very happy with the sound.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I just bought a 2802 and I'm looking heavily at the Atlantic Technology system 170.

Lisa

Grip
So what's the best place to buy the Atlantic Tech's?
Does anyone out there like the JBL, Polk or Energy??

MichaelJ

Agent
I have been looking into the Denon 3802 to go along with the JBL S-38 (4) S-center (1) PB-12 sub (1).I have had JBL's for 25 yrs. and I love them. Good luck Michael

John Gates

Second Unit
Lisa,
The brands you mentioned all seem to have a loyal following on this board, so hopefully those folks will chime in and comment.
I decided to go with online only companies for most of my gear, feeling I got more bang per kilobuck that way. I was not disappointed.
I ended up buying nOrh speakers. They look MUCH better in person, and they sound AWESOME paired with my SVS subs.
There are several respectable online companies worth checking out:
nOrh 4.0 package - 5 identical speakers (http://www.norh.com)
Ascend Acoustics (www.ascendacoustics.com) CBM-170 package for $849
Swans Diva (http://www.av123.com)
Axiom Audio
Home Theater Direct
There are other brands that are good, but I feel you get better price/performance through internet direct companies.
Through this board and others, you should be able to find folks in your area who own these and could give you a personal demo.
My opinion, spouted frequently. ;-)
John
------------------
System:
Onkyo 787
Mains: nOrh SM 6.9 (shipping NOW)
Center: nOrh marble 4.0
Surrounds: nOrh wood 4.0
Rear Center: nOrh prism 4.1
Subwoofers: 2 x SVS 20-39 CS w/Fidek Amp
Pics: http://www.geocities.com/givinit2him/

Jeff_Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
Lisa:
I've got the Denon 3801 paired with e:XL 16's, e:XL C, e:XL R's, and an e:XL S8 subwoofer.
I love it, and I'm actually thinking of getting some more Energy speakers soon.

Lisa

Grip
Jeff
Do your Energy speakers sound great for both movies and music? I've heard that Energy didn't sound great for playing music. I haven't listened to the speakers yet myself so this is only what I've been told (not flaming here). I really like dance music and lots of bass...
I plan on listening to them sometime soon but the place I know that has them is on the other side of Dallas (a bit of a traffic drive from where I live in Garland)...

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Lisa, I have the 3801 paired with the Energy Encores and they sound so sweet. Check out yahoo shopping for prices on the encores.
The encores sound great playing both movies and music IMHO.
------------------
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
hulk.jpg
3EMS Hometheater

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks