What's new

Which speakers for my power range? (1 Viewer)

Scott Pad

Agent
Now before I get bashed I understand I do not have the greatest receiver in the world, but I have a Yamaha HTR-5490 which is a few years old. Being a college student I don't want to upgrade if I don't have to. I only use the receiver for stereo play and was wondering if anyone thought it could play a pair of JBL S312 decently. If not would I be better off with Cerwin Vega V-12F? I listen to mostly rap and rock so I like some clarity, but love the bass and I do not want to purchase a subwoofer. I currently have a pair of HLS 620's which sound nice, but have no bass...any help...MUCH APPRECIATED

Jason GT

Second Unit
Nobody will bash you for your equipment (well, check that -- one brand gets bashed here, but that's a different story).

You're smack in the middle of mass-market products, and that's nothing bad at all. In fact in this case it's an advantage. Any mass-market reciever will be able to drive mass-market speakers, and JBL and CV are quite common and should not pose a difficult load at all.

As for sound quality, well you'll have to decide that for yourself :)

Why are you anti-sub? I have no idea what the HLS620s are but if you're happy with them, adding a sub could be a cheap way (perhaps the cheapest way) to get more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks