What's new

Which Single Movie Of Your Collection Gets The Most Long Term Replay ? (1 Viewer)

B....

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Blair
I have ONE movie that notably gets the most long term replays . It contains so many aspects of well executed entertainment & production (including the standard categories in a review) . A few in my collection get many repeated viewings for a variety of reasons, but most of us have ONE that seems to be a GO TO which never fails us in any mood we happen to be in. Please share yours without consideration to genre. My own contribution is the Blue-ray of " The Big Short". Thanks for your recommendations. EDIT: Just to be clear, my choice is NOT my favourite movie, but the one that is guaranteed to make me feel good anytime.

Attachments

• A54AA05FBA9B590A25BFA1B43351AC07C007E070.jpg
    A54AA05FBA9B590A25BFA1B43351AC07C007E070.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

B....

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Blair
I have five or six that are go-to comfort films that I greatly admire for their entertainment and esthetic value, but lately the most repeated has been The Maltese Falcon.
I am the same Matt. There are a handful that are exceptional for sure fire entertainment but with ONE movie it's like being in love - there's no logical explanation for your choice - it just does the job. I recall a quote from a movie that (paraphrased) says - It's not how much you love someone but rather who you are when you're with them. Same with THE one movie for me.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Tough to say, more than a few titles come to mind that could vie for that distinction. If I had to narrow it down to one film it would be...

Ridley Scott's Blade Runner. The soundtrack and the overall atmosphere of the film make it very easy to fall back into effortlessly.

- Walter.

B....

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Blair
With 8,000 movies in my collection, there's more than one movie qualifying for a long term replay. But forced to pick just one, I'd go with Pillow Talk (1959) with Rock Hudson and Doris Day. It's my movie comfort food.
Thank you Thomas. I certainly understand how that one can leave an indelible impression. EDIT: It's like the Hitchcock movie "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with Doris Day & Jimmy Stewart from 1956. Not sure why I am so enthralled with that movie but it certainly smacked me upside the head. (Jimmy's heavy eye makeup notwithstanding. 😀

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
With more than 3,000 movies in my collection, there's a few long term replay candidates of my own. However, if going by the "just one movie" rule, there's only one title that qualifies: Fantasia (1940). That's been a staple of my childhood and it's still a go-to for when I'm feeling down or just want to unwind.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
My favourite film, bar none, is A Man For All Seasons.

However, I try not to overplay it as it can reduce me to a puddle, and I don’t want to be reduced to a puddle too often. Nor do I want to risk overexposure to it to stop reducing me to a puddle. (That’s three ‘puddles’ - make that four - in one paragraph. A new HTF record?)

My Cousin Vinny.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
My favourite film is E.T., but I also don't want to risk overexposure.
I have an excel file with my blu-rays, and I note how many times I have seen them.
I see the blu-ray with the most plays is Home Alone. I generally love holiday films and this is my favourite.
I watch it every Christmas though. Not at another time of the year.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
North by Northwest - favourite film and most played. I can see why Thomas chose Pillow Talk, both films have the biggest stars at the top of their game, sparkling script, glamour and high production values. My runners up are To Catch A Thief and Sunday in New York. All of these films were made (and set) in the 50s and early 60s, the most stylish period for film making.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks