Which should I get?? Help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_Hu, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Kevin_Hu

Kevin_Hu Auditioning

Just called a local store and they have both Sonys Widescreens that I want, the 51HW40 and the 51WS500.

The 51HW40 is the floor model for $1900 to 1995, I believe, INCLUDING a 5 years service plan.
    Or should I go with the New 51WS500 for $2199 with just the standard 1 year Warranty?

They also said they might be able to kock off a little on a Sony DVP-715? (I think that was the model number), progressive scan DVD player if I went with the 51WS500 but not if I bought the 51HW40.

What should I do? What advantage is there in getting the WS500 over the HW40?

Suggestions??

Thanks!
    ---Kevin

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

It's brand new whereas the other is a floor model. You have no idea how the set was treated on the showroom floor--most likely it was driven in torch mode all day long every day. Which means the set is likely ruined already. Get the brand new set.

3. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I'm with Jack, Those floor model TV get left on all the time & you don't know who could have been messing around with what on it.
    If you trying to save some money get them to give you a deal on a new in the box 51HW40 if they have one still, I'm sure they would seeing how they are now the older models. And if not just go for the new model they just look to nice to pass up.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a new KP51HW40 based on my experience with the 57" model, but I would never, ever buy a floor model rptv.

5. Kevin_Hu

Kevin_Hu Auditioning

Thanks for your input all! [​IMG]