Which shelf stereo system to buy for my girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason_H, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

I did a search, but didn't come up with much, and I couldn't figure out which area to post this in, so I will try here! This is an odd question coming from a man who has invested so much in a home theater system, but what is a good all-in-one shelf stereo system for my girlfriend? Her old one crapped out, and she has very limited space in which to place the stereo, so it makes much more sense than separate components. I know nothing at all about these kinds of systems, please help! I am looking to spend between $200-300 if possible.

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

3. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

Probably not quite that small. I'm sure she would appreciate the ability to play more CDs and somewhat better sound quality over saving that much space. Her current one that is broken isn't exactly that small...but any kind of components would take up too much space and be more trouble. That Philips one sure looks like a good start though. $150! I wonder if it sounds decent.

4. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

Well, after some quick comparison shopping, I found that the bang-for-the-buck on that Philips system is just incredible compared to other systems! $166 after the rebate is just awesome...I ordered one. Thanks Masood, that was a quick shopping trip! [​IMG]

5. Phill O

Phill O Stunt Coordinator

Is there any place where one could get the LAN connection for a
    component system? I saw the Outlaw internet radio device, but I recalled that they are not putting it on the market. Has that changed?

6. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit